cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Temp1ate
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT Infinity set-up - engineer missed install appointment and downhill from there

Go to solution

Hello all,

Having read a number of similar posts over the last 2 weeks, my story is clearly not new, but I think it's still worth documenting.

I booked my broadband and phone install for a new build house in early December 2012 and was a bit surprised to find that I would have to wait until 22/1/13 for an install, but accepted that was the way it was. On the morning of the planned appointment we had heavy snow, so was unsurprised that the engineer didn't turn up. I did however expect a phonecall from the engineer or BT to confirm they were not coming and arrange a new appointment, but didn't get one. 

I got a text message from BT the next day telling me that my phoneline was now connected, which it was - but I can't make phonecalls. BT started billing me for the phone from the 25/1/13. I then decided to give BT a week to contact me about the broadband - which they didn't.

After sending an E-mail, BT finally contacted me and seemed very apologetic and keen to resolve the issue. The person I spoke to contacted Openreach while I was on the line to find out the problem and relayed that there had been a problem in the planning phase! My house was the last to be built on the site and my neighbours have Infinity. I can only assume that BT Openreach knew well in advance of the appointment date that they were not going to turn up, and still didn't contact me - I was of course still receiving E-mails from BT reminding me of the appointment date. Anyway it was explained to me that an "activity" had now been raised, and I would be contacted with an update within 72 hours at most. 7 days later no attempt has been made to contact me and I feel like I am no closer to getting my broadband. For a company that makes it's money in communication, the lack of skill in that area astounds me.

So, here I am; no outgoing phonecalls, no broadband, no installation appointment, and no idea when I'll get any of them!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Infinity set-up - engineer missed install appointment and downhill from there

Go to solution

Contact the mods using the link below.

They will kee in touch with you until resolved.

It may take up to 3 days for them to reply to you initially but better than making countless phone calls.

0 Ratings
msw
Message 3 of 6

Re: BT Infinity set-up - engineer missed install appointment and downhill from there

Go to solution

Welcome to the club mate, the problem is no competition they do whatever they like!

Temp1ate
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I've just sent a second form to the mods requesting their assistance, having received no reponse over the five days since I sent the fiirst one. If the 3 day guideline doesn't include weekends then they have just over 1 hour to make me feel slightly guilty (Given the service I've received from BT and BT Openreach so far, slight guilt is probably overstating it!).

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Temp1ate
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Just to update, I've now had my Broadband installed and my incoming calls issue fixed. 

Thank you to the moderation team, particularly Craig, for being very helpful in resolving the issues and in keeping me updated on progress.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Glad you're sorted.Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings