Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT Infinity slow in the evening and weekend

Go to solution

Hi,

My internet has been suffering the past week, from 5pm to around midnight, I've been testing some very slow speeds. Last night I was able to record a speed of 5.30mbps down and 6.80 up, at around 19:00. I was speaking to BT on a live chat at the time of the speed test, and they recommended an engineer come visit, to check the problem. However, after the chat had ended, I asked a nearby neighbour if they could check their speeds and they reported back to me with a "rubbish" 10mbps.

Later on that night, at around 01:00am today, I did another speed test and the results were back to normal, with a consistent speed of 40mbps down and 8mbps up. This has led me to believe that there probably isn't an issue with my equipment and after reading about some similar issues some other users were posting on this forum, I was wondering if someone would be able to help.

Please see my speedtest below, taken at 14:40 today

image.png

And below the results from the availability checker at 14:45.

BB Availablity Checker Results.PNG

I'd really appreciate it if anyone would be able to take a look for me, and if there is anything else I can provide, please let me know. Thank you.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Infinity slow in the evening and weekend

Go to solution

It looks like you and your neighbours are suffering from congestion.

If you can post which Exchange you are connected to one of the moderators will be able to check.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem.

They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take over 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you for the reply. The exchange is COTTERED and exchange code EACTD.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Bear-Face,

I've checked your exchange and there is a capacity issue listed again that exchange. I'll be able to take a look at this for you in more detail. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@Bear-Face I tried calling you today but missed you, I'm really sorry about the problems with your connection speed in the evenings and weekends.

I can confirm that your connection is currently being affected by a congestion issue which BT Wholesale are aware of and have a plan in place to install new infrastructure to resolve this and the target resolution date they have set for this work to be completed by  is the 20/04/18.

In some situations we can request BT Wholesale to move your connection to a different SVLAN which is not affected by the congestion problem but regrettably they were unable to do this as all the SVLANs are affected.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you all, for the swift replies. Very good to know that this is being worked on and has a resolution date, thank you again.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@Bear-Face No problem, I'm sorry I was unable to get this sorted sooner. 

0 Ratings