Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deadpool
Contributor
Message 11 of 25

Re: BT Infinity slow in the evenings!

Go to solution

@pippincp wrote:

If it turns out to be a congested svlan then cancel the engineer as he won't be able to resolve it. The mods will sort it out for you.

Will do, cheers pal

0 Ratings
deadpool
Contributor
Message 12 of 25

Go to solution

Had a helpful phone call from @NeilO earlier on who is looking into this for me.

Hopefully have some positive news within the next few days Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 13 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @deadpool that was no bother at all, I've raise your case with the BT Wholesale capacity management team and fingers crossed they can come back with a solution ASAP.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 14 of 25

Go to solution

@deadpool I wanted to let you know that I haven't forgot about you, wholesales capacity management team haven't updated us as yet but I am chasing them for a response. As soon as they get back to me I'll be in touch.

0 Ratings
deadpool
Contributor
Message 15 of 25

Go to solution

Thanks @NeilO

I have been checking nightly to see if there has been any improvement and if anything it's got worse.

We were sitting with speeds of 1.86mb last night.

I had a very disgruntled partner last night who was trying to watch online course videos for University.

Hopefully it gets sorted soon.

0 Ratings
Addy
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @deadpool,

You are not alone, although i'm not on your exchange, my speed drops considerably in the evenings to 1 or 2mbps which means buffering on iplayer etc and even viewing photos on flickr or facebook often get the spinning widget. Which we never had when on standard copper adsl. I have started a thread but don't know how to cross reference it here. anyway I'm running tests during day and evening for a couple of days and will reply to my original post with the findings.

Ade

0 Ratings
deadpool
Contributor
Message 17 of 25

Go to solution

Hey @NeilO

Any update on this? Was hoping to hear from you today...

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 18 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @deadpool,

We've been chasing this for you and were speaking with our suppliers this morning. They've confirmed that the BT Wholesale capacity management team are still working on a resolution. As soon as they give us an update we will be in touch with you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
deadpool
Contributor
Message 19 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO & @DanielS

I had a phone call from Neil on Monday to say that my SVLAN was being swapped over to try and improve this issue.

I was told that this would be done late on Monday night and that I should see normal service resumed on Tuesday evening.

I kept an eye on it all last night, checking the speed every half hour or so and outwith a ten minute spell at around 6.00pm where the speed dropped to 20MB, it was sitting at around 70MB most of the time.

I'll continue to keep and eye on it and let you know how it's going.

Thanks for your help on this! Much appreciated! Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 20 of 25

Go to solution

@deadpool Thanks for the update, I'm glad to see that you've noticed an improvement. We'll give it a couple more days  to make sure it holds before closing the fault report Smiley Happy

0 Ratings