Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haynzee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Infinity speed (New Customer)

Hi all,

My BT infinity 1 was activated on 22nd Dec and I posted on here getting just 24mbps (was told my line should get 40-60mbps but obviously limited to 38mb of BT Infinity 1). Over the past week the Home hub has been dropping connection after around 2 hours of connectivity so I decided to remove the internal wiring (phone extensions) from the master socket. After removing the internal exensions on my phone line, don't really need them my speed has now gone up to 30mb but the home hub seems to report I could get a better speed. Could you look at my stats and let me know what you think (noise seems high). I wondering if with the dropouts DLM kicked in?

Also before I was getting around 7mbps upload and tbh Id rather have a bit more upload than download.

Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.173.1.6 (Type A) Last updated Unknown
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. VDSL uptime:0 days, 12:35:17
6. Data rate:5148 / 32394
7. Maximum data rate:5266 / 44922
8. Noise margin:6.2 / 11.9
9. Line attenuation:0.0 / 22.3
10. Signal attenuation:0.0 / 20.2

Capture.JPG

Thanks 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Infinity speed (New Customer)

Noise is high probably because DLM has capped your speed to raise the noise margin to deal with errors and disconnections it has measured.

Once the errors and disconnections have stopped your speed will return to it's maximum within a few days.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
haynzee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thanks Ray, so would you just leave it be for a week or so and see what its like then? I have noticed my pings to servers increased around 15ms-30ms too.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

Yes. I think it is a good idea to monitor your stats lines 5. 6. 7. an8 8. especially to see if they improve or get worse.

A higher ping is a consequence of DLM adding error-correction to your line.
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
emit118
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Not relevant to your post but how do I create a NEW post please?? I've looked on the 'help' section and it says that I need to select a 'board' - what is this and where do I find it?? Sorry for this not being relevant

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

On this page https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/bd-p/BTInfinity press the New Message button (top left)

When I say top, I mean halfway down really 😉

If not, I'll try again 🙂