cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gocman
Message 1 of 6

BT Infinity - stopped working last night

My BT Infinity connection stopped working last night and BT Home hub is showing green , sometimes flashing green or solid green. Recently I have a a cross line on the phone line intermittently and several small outages of Infinity connection too. Can you help please?

Has the BT Home Hub 4 packed up? Will BT replace this or am I responsible for its cost & replacement?  Openreach are coming in a few days.

Can anyone help please.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Infinity - stopped working last night

if you are still in the minimum term contract 12/18 months then if hub faulty it will be replaced free of charge

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

I suggest you try a factory reset of the hub
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11386/~/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-home-hub-to-its-factory-...

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
gocman
Message 4 of 6

Thanks. I tried the main reset but it didn't actually reset. Have used paper clip in reset hole with no effect.
My 18 month contract finished last week! They haven't contacted me about renewal.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

They don't always bother to contact you.  At the end of the contract, you start paying full price for everything, so it can be in BT's interests to say nothing.

Unfortunately, the Home Hub is now yours, and out of warranty.  Either buy another (from BT or elsewhere*), or re-contract with BT for the warranty to renew.

* e.g. fleabay.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 6 of 6

I'd rather but a decent router rather than a HH.

0 Ratings