cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Infinity tomorrow!

The engineer is coming tomorrow and we have ordered the 80/20 but estimated 76/20 which is good.

Does having the Infinity extension kit slow down speeds? Would I be better off moving the master socket? (I hear Tea and Biscuits gets it moved for free)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Infinity tomorrow!

the extension kit will have no affect on your speed the engineer will move the master free anyway if you ask
0 Ratings
soapy
Expert
Message 3 of 5

as john says the extention kit will not effect your speeds at all, i had an extention kit fitted by the engineer when i got infinity connected last month and i am getting 75mbps download and 18mbps upload, this shows my speeds are not effected by the extention

0 Ratings
Icarus
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

'the engineer will move the master free anyway if you ask'

Not quite, the decision to move the master socket, convert a LJU into an NTE or provide a Cat5e Data Extension is at the discretion of the Engineer who bases his/her decision on ultimately what is easier and quickest.

Engineers are performance managed on how many jobs they do a day so one isn't going to spend 3/4 hours on site moving an NTE then having to run yet more cabling to hook up any existing extensions when they could just spend an hour running one Cat5e Data Extension Lead.

0 Ratings
sps1013
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Removed as I'm too cynical.
0 Ratings