cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clam1952
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

BT Infinity using TALK TALK IP, Gateway and DNS servers!

Go to solution

Upgraded from ADSL to Superfast Fibre unlimited on Monday 4th March, seem to go OK until I did a Speed test, speed was fine however ther tester was identifying me as being on Talk Talk??? Tried a couple more testers and same result.

So checked  the details in the router copied below

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

Password:

Not Configured

TCP/IP information

Broadband IP address:

92.19.xxx.xx

Default gateway:

Primary DNS:

Secondary DNS:

Googled the IPs  and all of them are registered to Carphone Warehouse as in Talk Talk.

Reboted the router several times but always end up with the same range of IP addresses.

I have never had Talk Talk and don't particularly want it! and unless BT have magically aquired Talk Talk's range of IP addresses something seems to be wrong!

Phoned support and was put through to an overseas call centre, whom I'm afraid I  had great dificulty in understanding, who I think? assured me it would be sorted in 3 days, however there is nothing showing in tracking and I'm not convinced that anything has or will be done about this.

Also when I login to BT.com I am getting a Upgrade from ADSL to fibre message although my account is showing Superfast Fibre, which indicates to me something isn't quite right!

Malc

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: BT Infinity using TALK TALK IP, Gateway and DNS servers!

Go to solution

very odd

try factory reset of hub by pressing recessed button on back and holding for 20/30 sec until the lights flash and see if that helps

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
clam1952
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks for the suggestion but afraid all that did was get me another Talk Talk IP address, I'm somewhat puzzled as to how it's even working on a Talk Talk address with a BT login. I'm guessing Open Reach got something wrong, it did take the engineer over an hour to get it working.

Malc

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

@clam1952 

Dial 17070 and check that the number that is read out to you, matches the phone number on your bill, just in case you have crossed line. Someone else may be running up a phone bill on your line.

0 Ratings
clam1952
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Hadn't thought of that however dialed 17070 and phone number is correct.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

@clam1952 wrote:

Hadn't thought of that however dialed 17070 and phone number is correct.

Thats a start. Then I suspect you have been wired through the wrong port in the cabinet, and this will need to be sorted, as it has security implications.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Highlighted
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @clam1952,

I am sorry to hear about the issue you have. We'll need to get it looked into for you. I've sent you a private message detailing how you can get in touch.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
clam1952
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

That was my thought actually, had problems when they connected the phone line and ADSL back before Christmas in that they connected the wrong flat, looks like I'm cursed ;o) 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Leave it to the moderators to sort it out, once you have sent the requested information.

You are by no means the first with this issue. Here is something similar.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/TalkTalk-Homesafe-blocking-websites-on-BT-broad...

0 Ratings
clam1952
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution
Interesting! I had noticed some sites but not all were taking a long time to load, fixed that by changing the DNS to Googles on the PCs.

Thanks for your help.
0 Ratings