cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Infinity - very poor upstream speed

My BT Infinity Line is performing really poorly.  Logging a ticket results in a request that i should use BT chat then directs to a page with no option to select a chat, just repeat the test/triage process!  So infuriating.

Stats from my router, show poor Noise, Attenuation and LPR performance.

warwickhw_0-1593450770871.png

Can anyone suggest why this might be happening.  I suspect damage to a cable, but would like someone to check that there isn't a different cause.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Infinity - very poor upstream speed

Your stats don't show dsl connection time not system uptime.  Have you been having problems with router dropping connection and manual resets trying to improve speed or a combination of both

try quiet line test. Dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone

enter phone number and post results remember delete number 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply @imjolly .

It's definitely noise on the line.  I finally got through to an engineer and they are replacing the line.

Not sure what the quiet line test would have told me other than something I already knew.

Troubleshooting tios are always helpful though. 

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

not sure how you know there is noise on the line without using the phone to check  still just have to wait and see if engineer finds anything

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings