cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

BT Line Noisy and Broadband Speeds Down Again

Fibre with BT Halo 1

Yet again my speeds have been dropping and today my phone line is very noisy. Been through the usual internal checks and suspect this is the usual issue at the exchange. Last month they fixed the problem without telling me. I noticed the lag on Netflix had gone, checked the line - clear as bell and called BT. They confiormed they had been to the exchange within an hour of me logging the issue and carried out the repairs. However they did not tell me or seemingly the engineer that they cancelled as he rang up the day before the cancelled appointment to confirm the details and i have to tell him it was cancelled.

Stats below but is there anyway to find out what the persistant issue is and if it can be fixed permanantly....??

Firmware updated:Sat Mar 14 19:19:44 2020

Board version:R01

GUI version:1.56 15_02_2019

DSL uptime:0 days,00 Hours03 Mins17 Secs

Data rate:3.695 Mbps / 22.398 Mbps

Maximum data rate:4.508 Mbps / 31.446 Mbps

Noise margin:8.1 / 12.2

Line attenuation:11.9 / 26.6

Signal attenuation:11.9 / 27.2

VLAN id:101

Upstream error control:Off

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: BT Line Noisy and Broadband Speeds Down Again

Report a noisey line. Once the noise problem is resolved your internet should recover. Do not mention broadband or you will end up in the wrong queue.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 20

Hi

Many thanks. As you can imagine i have been down this route many times and that is exactly what i have done and the fault was logged earlier this morning.

Just wondering if anyone knows how i find out what the issues is/was - BT will only tell me "it's at the exchange".

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

Not necessarily at the exchange but a faulty connection somewhere along the line which an engineer should be able to identify.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

Except the last few times it has been traced to a fault in the exchange. Hence my comment "suspect this is the usual issue at the exchange. " and the fact they fixed it "at the exchange" last time without even telling me...
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

If you say so...

Message 7 of 20

Have you ever heard of the phrase, ‘The Golden Joint’?

Its a term used by Openreach Engineers where they repair a fault in one place but then say they fixed it somewhere else for Audit Purposes. 

Message 8 of 20

@pippincp Yes i do say. Its right there in the original post. Did you not read it?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

@Starwire right ok. All i know is several times they have fixed it without turning up to my property. On several occassions when they did turn up, they conclude it's something at the exchange and they go there/request a job and that fixes it - for a bit...

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 20

Hi @PB54 and thanks for posting.

Can you just clarify when you report this is it raised as a broadband fault or a line fault?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings