cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gbsh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Nightmare

Why did I do this? I had a perfectly good stable broadband connection. What was I thinking?

Yesterday I should have been another proud user of BT infinity 2, yet instead I find my in this nightmare of calls to support, getting fobbed off with excuses, asked to perform the same tests countless times by different people. One even suggested that I start deleting profiles from the machine!! Ring backs that never happen. Support desk call backs that never happen. The list goes on.

Up to 5 mins before the engineer arrived I have fully functioning broadband via BeThere.

The problem started when the engineer installed the kit. All three green light on the modem, looking good. DLS circuit to the exchange is up, activated and functioning. Connected the Home Hub 4, green steady light, green flashing light, blue steady light, then 20 seconds later orange light with red flashing. Oh dear. L. Engineer knew how to do no more than switch it off and then on again and re-plug in the cables. Same fault. Engineer left with no fault resolution.

I now have no broadband!!

Other faults:

• I can log into MyBT using my BT ID without issue which shows billing is working fine. If I click on the Email button on the top bar I get ‘There isn’t a BT Yahoo Mail Service associated with the username/password address you’ve entered’. I have an email from BT giving my email details so I know the mail account exists. This is confirmed by support wanting to repeated change the password. To me it looks like the email account has not been associated to my BT ID account.

• I cannot use either my BT ID or my BT mail account details to log onto any BT WiFi point. The BT openzone web logging page just returns ‘Unknown User Name and Password’

Looking at this as a whole I think my account has not been provisioned correctly throughout the BT infrastructure, but no one at BT wants to talk about that, they only want to talk about their little bit, be it Yahoo mail, Infinity, etc.

This is far from the seamless experience I was promised by sales (should have known better really).

Any ideas how to proceed as I’m getting no joy from support.

Thanks for reading.

Regards

Gary

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Nightmare

It may be that a forum moderator will be able to help with this. They are a UK based BT team. If they can help they will contact you via this post.

As regards your email, this will not work until your Infinity is activated.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi gbsh,

Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details and I will be happy to look into this for you. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
gbsh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Quick update.

Managed to get a useable connection for a couple of weeks but for the last week I've been lucky tp get more that 4Mb down. DNS resolver times are measured in seconds with ping times nearly as bad. Cant connect at all tonight using the data connection on the phone ! Still can't access email account, so all in all not a very good experience.

Will phone support again in the morning.

Regards

Gary

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

did you ever contact NeilO as he had offered his help to you
0 Ratings