Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jessicaannlee
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT Open Reach New Build Delays

Go to solution

We've been going in circles with BT for 5 weeks and counting.  We are in a new build, about 6 months old.  The previous tenants used BT Fibre and moved out 2 weeks before us.  We were told that they manually entered the previous address into the BT system and couldn't find the address any longer.  They could not manually enter it again.  4 weeks later, they finally found us and BT sees us in the system.

We have all of the white boxes and routers needed but are told that Open Reach hasn't released our address.  BT says they can't do anything until Open Reach does that, as they get error messages when they send through a signal.  

When my son is on holiday, I'm reliant on the landline to make calls.  Our mobile reception is terrible.  I've been barely able to work for weeks.  

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Open Reach New Build Delays

Go to solution

there is nothing BT can do to speed up openreach

what 'BT fibre' did previous tenants have?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Jessicaannlee
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

I'm not sure what you mean.  The previous tenants had a high-speed fiber line, just like everyone else in our building.  

Do you know if I can get a landline before my internet is hooked up?  

0 Ratings
Jessicaannlee
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Open Reach's website shows that my address is ready to accept orders.  I'm not why BT can't set it up.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Do you have a wall mounted Openreach ONT with battery backup? If so you need to contact the FTTP team on 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Jessicaannlee
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

It is wall mounted.  I will try them tomorrow.  Thank you.

0 Ratings