cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soggy
Beginner
Message 1 of 18

BT Openreach engineer says i can get Bt Infinity but BT customer services says i can,t ?

Hi All Here,s my problem a BT Openreach engineer was out with me as i had a problem with my Internet connection. Anyway i asked about Bt Infinity and when do you think i be able to get it here . He said that i should be able to get it now as i was only 1.2 miles away from the exchange and went and check to make sure and said i wouldn't be able to get full infinity speed but i would get around 15mb. I was really happy to here this but when i phoned BT customer services and checked my line and said i wasn,t able to get it ?
0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 18

Re: BT Openreach engineer says i can get Bt Infinity but BT customer services says i can,t ?

What does the DSL checker say for your phone number?

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
soggy
Beginner
Message 3 of 18

Re: BT Openreach engineer says i can get Bt Infinity but BT customer services says i can,t ?

Should it say Bt Infinity in the DSL checker if i was able to get it. Which it doesn't
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 18

Should mention FTTC or FTTP.
Does it say things that are available? (I mean, is it working)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
soggy
Beginner
Message 5 of 18

Here,s a pic

Capture.PNG

0 Ratings
bartman1967
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 18

Nope, no FTTC there yet mate, sorry, OpenReach were wrong...Smiley Frustrated

What's slow about FTTC........DLM 😞
0 Ratings
soggy
Beginner
Message 7 of 18

Why would he say that and he even went to the bother to go to the exchange and check for me ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 18

There is nothing he can check " by going to the exchange" poss went back for a cuppa
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
soggy
Beginner
Message 9 of 18

lol i think it was to see how far i was from the exchange and phoned me to say i should be able to get it. Oh well

Anyway thanks everyone for replyingSmiley Happy

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 18

With Infinity it doesn't matter how far you are from the exchange.

It is the distance from the cab that matters.

0 Ratings