cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McSure
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

BT PLUS Promise

My second run in with BT PLUS Promise, last time I was apparently not eligable as the fault was not showing up on their system, 5 engineers visits later after a period of continuos drops on BT inifinity 2 over several weeks they changed the copper pairs to the house and all was good. This time have spoken to a very helpful chap called Dean, he said that this time I was eligable and also booked an enginners visit. Now to give you a timeline I phone this Friday at 6pm 45 minutes later I was promised I would get my 4g wifi hub by 7pm today and as I have BT mobile I would have unlimited data switched on within the hour as per th BT Plus Promise with a txt or email to cofirm, well its now Saturday no sms or txt for unlimited mobile data I have had an email to confirm the engineers visit booked for Monday afternoon? so I look on by BT account page and see the Engineers booking and the order for the BT mini 4g wifi Hub, however when reading through it states the 4g wifi Hub and Unlimited mobile is scheduled for Tuesday the 15th. Again the promise states mobile data switched to unlimited within the hour and th 4g wifi by next day so WHY am I waiting 4 days to get mine Im using my personal mobile data allowance tethered to my Laptop so I can post this DISSAPIONTED again 

Nigel Christopherson

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
mirrors90
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT PLUS Promise

I'm not sure about this BT PLUS promise either, i took it and when my internet went down they said unlimited 4G was not able to be activated for me.. luckily my internet was back up within 24 hours, but i was left distinctly unimpressed at the time!  What keeps me with BT Plus is the fact that my BT connection is rock solid and hardly ever goes down (in 5 years it's been down twice...) and the double allowance.

Will see next time i have a problem!

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 9

Re: BT PLUS Promise

BT seem to get cheesing off their customers spot on. Well done.

Stew

McSure
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Re: BT PLUS Promise BT INFINITY 2 from 79/20- 45/20 still continues to drop sync and speed

homehub.jpg

@StewMwrote:

BT seem to get cheesing off their customers spot on. Well done.

Stew

BT INFINITY 2  from 79/20- 45/20 still continues to drop sync and speed still no contact re BT PLUS PROMISE

0 Ratings
Highlighted
NextGenG
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Re: BT PLUS Promise BT INFINITY 2 from 79/20- 45/20 still continues to drop sync and speed

BT Plus is a keep you connected promise and slow speeds do not qualify for the 4g hub because you are still getting service. Having said that if 45mb into the hub is below your minimum promise that will have to be fixed. 

0 Ratings
McSure
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

NextGenG if you read the first message I posted it wasn't the speed that was at fault it was the constant loss of sync which continues dropping and as a consequence my speeds are constantly dropping also. The fact I was promised and am eligible for the BT PLUS Promise ( Broadband Backup) which included the 4g hub and unlimited mobile data as I have BT mobile as well neither have materialised and therefore this is a BREACH of their Promise, I have not heard from anyone from BT on here either.
0 Ratings
McSure
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Monday morning things are worse than ever still no response from Bt on here they obviously aren't interested in their existing customers!
0 Ratings
McSure
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

edited 14.1.pngedited 14.1.2 png.png 

Why so long when my broadband is unusable?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hi @McSure Thanks for taking the time to speak with me earlier and sorry about the confusion over the "broadband back up" mobile usage. I've checked and confirmed this has been active since Friday and you can also check this at Learn about Broadband Backup

Sorry the delivery driver failed to deliver the mini hub and I will see what I can find out about when this will be delivered as you cannot track it on the DPD app.

cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings