Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jaytelford
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT Parental Controls - not working properly and now just showing as unavailable

Hi, 

I have been having a problem with BT Parental Controls now working properly.  This problem has been on going for many months, during which I have been reading these forums trying to find a solution.  The general none specific help rubbish that always gets linked to has not worked either.

Tonight, I logged into mybt to once again turn on and off my parental controls in the hopes that this would fix them.

However, I can't even do anything with them at all as they are Unavailable.  There is a message that says BT Parental Controls are being turned on and to wait for 24 hours.  I did not turn off the Parental Controls - this message was showing to me and my Parental Controls were Unavailable imediatly upon loggin in and accessing the My Security page.

1. Parental Controls have not been working properly for many months
  2. Parental Controls turned themselves off without me taking any action and now they are Unavailable and cant be turned back on

I am not happy about this at all because I have been paying for a service that includes network level Parental Controls and have not been able to properly use them for many months and now I can't even use them at all.

This is most annoying and frusting as this has gone from not working properly to just not working over the course of several months.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES
V_Meldrew
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Parental Controls - not working properly and now just showing as unavailable

Have you tried a factory reset of your hub 

0 Ratings
jaytelford
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: BT Parental Controls - not working properly and now just showing as unavailable

I haven't tried this, I wanted this to be the last resort as I have set up port forwarding and stuff so that I can SSH into my home system while I am out and about.

Factory resetting the router would mean that I have to set that up all over again.

It's going to be a pain in the behind but if this is the only way to fix my problem then I guess I will have to do that.

I will report back with the results
0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Expert
Message 4 of 4

Back up your configuration file before doing the reset and restore it afterwards
0 Ratings