cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CBeee
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT Plus Question?

Just had a phone call from BT saying that I can get BT Plus with speeds up to 300Mb/s. So, I thought, why not... After some further research, I'm already on the fastest available speed in my area.
I have two questions;

Why are you (BT), trying to charge me more money for a service I can't even get? Secondly, how can I check to see if I can get said service?

Thanks for any help from a 20 year customer of BT.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Plus Question?

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
CBeee
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

VDSL Range A (Clean)8060.82018.553.3Available---- 
VDSL Range B (Impacted)73.945.2201335.2Available---- 
FTTP on Demand33030--Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 14.5--12.5 to 17Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 14.5Up to 1.512.5 to 17Available---- 
ADSL MaxUp to 7--6 to 8Available---- 
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available---- 
Fixed Rate2----Available---- 
VDSL Multicast------Available---- 
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapN      
VRIN      
NTEFaceplateN      
Last Test Date25-05-2018    
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

The dslchecker does not show you can get 300mb connection

FTTPoD is not the same as FTTP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
CBeee
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Ummm, sorry... I did say I can't get it. My question is, can I find out when it is going to be available? Apologies if that wasn't clear.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

there is nothing on the checker suggesting it will be available in future especially when you have a great FTTC connection available

0 Ratings
CBeee
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Such a shame, and I'm not sure that it's that great, not with games and streaming taking more and more bandwidth. If I watch something in 4K my kids can't game and the 4K stream  itself buffers if we are all using the network. 

I appreciate your time, but it still leaves me wondering why BT are offering me a service I can't get.

0 Ratings