cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 15

BT Plus Upgrade - 16 MB slower than before

So I took advantage of an offer to "upgrade" to BT Plus and this move completed in the early hours of Tuesday morning.

I had a rock solid 46 MB connection previously and that had dropped to 30 MB. No worries I thought, this is just line training kicking in again and besides, my minimum guarenteed speed is 35 MB so it won't stay at that...

Except it has.

OK so we are only a few days in but there hasn't been a single disconnect and reconnect at a higher speed yet, where my previous experience of line training has been a speed bump every day.

Is something broken?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 15

Re: BT Plus Upgrade - 16 MB slower than before

Just to add, I did a speedtest/line check at http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/ and my IP Profile for uploads is 20 MB but for downloads it has been set at 30 MB.

I assume this is the reason I am stuck at this speed? Is this a case of just wait longer and it should improve?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 15

Your downstream IP profile is determined by your speeed, not vice versa. Its possible G.Inp hasn't kicked back in yet and will increase your speed once it does. Can you post your line stats from the hub.

stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 15

Hopefully this is what you are referring to, let me know if it was something else!

BTHUB.PNGHub Stats

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

Yes, that's it.  Try just one re-sync of your line by disconnecting the hub from the phone socket for a couple of minutes and then re-post stats.

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 15

It appears to my untrained eye pretty much the same apart from a higher noise margin?

BTHub 2.PNGHub Stats 2

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

Indeed, it hasn't changed. Give it a few days and see if there is any improvement, don't be tempted to re-sync any more as that will incur the wrath of DLM.

stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 15

OK.

Thanks for the advice.

0 Ratings
hasey66
Contributor
Message 9 of 15

Frustratingly I also had the same thing happen to me - mine went down yesterday from 44Mb to 38Mb - which co-incidentally is the minimum speed promised on my line. I've done one reset and it makes no difference. 

The principle to me is that the enhanced speeds should be ready when your order is completed - any denegration in service, regardless of how temporary and how good the original service may be in comaprsion to other locations, should be enough justification for  a temporary reduction in fees until such time as the service being paid for is fit for puirpose. You wouldnt buy a car with a 2 litre engine only to find out that that for some unexplained reason you'd have to put up with a 1.3 litre engine for a week or so.

stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 15

I share this frustration.

Why the service has to degrade everytime you make an administrative change is beyond me and very annoying. I suspect I will never get any better than around 46 MB until Ultrafast is available here, so what's the point in line training again unless there is some mysterious expected speed boost that I must have missed the memo on?

Perhaps I should degrade how much I pay for 10 days... :smileylol:

0 Ratings