Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 11 of 15

Re: BT Plus Upgrade - 16 MB slower than before

@stereohaven wrote:

I share this frustration.

Why the service has to degrade everytime you make an administrative change is beyond me and very annoying. I suspect I will never get any better than around 46 MB until Ultrafast is available here, so what's the point in line training again unless there is some mysterious expected speed boost that I must have missed the memo on?

Perhaps I should degrade how much I pay for 10 days... Smiley LOL

Did you upgrade from the equivalent of Infinity1 to Infinity 2 Plus (in old terms).

There was a clause hidden away in the t&c’s that your line will be monitored for the first 14 days or so.

In my case I upgraded from Infinity 2 to Infinity 2 Plus. There was no remote hub reset, so speeds are the same. The hub resets itself remotely every 14 days. Whether that is the case for everyone is questionable, but it does for me.

Suggest that you keep waiting.....

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 15

I was on Infinity 1, I think it is now called Superfast Fibre Plus.

I didn't see anything about 14 days in the terms so I'll just wait longer I guess and keep an eye on it. 

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 15

Just to bring this full circle, we are on day 4 but speeds to seem to be creeping back up. So, patience (of which I have very little...), is indeed a virtue.

Hub.PNGLatest Hub Stats

0 Ratings
hasey66
Contributor
Message 14 of 15

Patience isn’t my strongest attribute either ! Tested mine again this morning and no movement yet ! Need to get it back otherwise 4K World Cup in the iPlayer may be touch and go 😄
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 15

@hasey66wrote:
Patience isn’t my strongest attribute either ! Tested mine again this morning and no movement yet ! Need to get it back otherwise 4K World Cup in the iPlayer may be touch and go 😄

I'm the same!

I only saw the iPlayer announcement yesterday and panicked a bit becase full UHD is going to need 40 MB!

I tried the test HLG stream on my LG TV previously and it looked lush. I also want to experience 50fps football which I can't get via BT due to their minimum speed requirements.

Knowing my luck I'll get the speed back but not manage to get a place on one of the games... Smiley Frustrated

BBC iPlayer World Cup UHD requirements here for anyone else that has a compatible device: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/live-uhd

0 Ratings