Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daviehop
Contributor
Message 1 of 49

BT Plus speed.

Go to solution

Hi, I recently commited to a 18 month contract with BT Plus, my average download speed has stayed the same at 50Mbps, i was advised my speed would increase, as the average download speed was 67Mbps, my complaint is, whats the point in a cost increase with no speed increase. i am feeling conned into the increase in my monthly payments.

0 Ratings
48 REPLIES 48
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 49

Re: BT Plus speed.

Go to solution

The averavge speed does not refer to you personally.

"Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time
(8pm to 10pm). Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The
speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated
speed to your property prior to purchasing. "

You will only ever receive the speed your line will support.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 49

Go to solution

As @pippincp  has said, you will only get the speed that your line can support, which is dependent on your distance from the cabinet.

BT Plus offers other benefits, hence the price increase.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/61650/~/what-is-bt-plus-and-how-can-i-get-it%3F

You normally have 14 days to change your mind.

0 Ratings
peteredw44
Message 4 of 49

Go to solution

im on btplus speed and when i first went on with my new hub it was 105 t0 110 mb but nearly ever day no matter what the time ,even at 2am my speed drops and i have to reboot my modem to get the speed i require. it has dropped at least 20 mb every day till i reboot. should not have to do this every day. then bt say i cant claim for lose of speed as the incoming speed to my modem is ok but that modem is supplied by bt .im on my second modem and thats even worse

0 Ratings
daviehop
Contributor
Message 5 of 49

Go to solution

Complained to advisor within the 14 days about my speed now the 14 days has elapsed and i am left paying more money for 18 months for the same speed.  Conned i guess, as my reasoning with going with the plus was the speed increase he told me i would get.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 49

Go to solution

You are entiltled to a free visit to sort out the problem.

See this post https://community.bt.com/t5/Landline/Master-socket/m-p/1747188#M54967

Also see http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35296/%7E/your-line-speed-explained

Quote "If you're not getting the minimum download speed we promised, please contact us and we’ll do our best to fix it.

If the fault is within our control and we can't improve your speed, you’ll be able to exit your contract without paying a charge for cancelling it early. This includes your phone line, broadband and TV, but not BT Mobile.

You can cancel your service if you meet the following conditions:

• You must complete all checks within your home as requested by our Helpdesk advisors
  • You must allow at least one engineer visit
  • We have up to 30 days to fix the fault
  • You'll be able to cancel your contract without penalty if we're still unable to improve the speed measured by our speed test to above the minimum guaranteed download speed"
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 49

Go to solution

post the stats from your hub to compare with the previous set your posted a year ago

the dslchecker estimate range then was 67/51mb connection speed

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
daviehop
Contributor
Message 8 of 49

Go to solution
Thanks. likely get told i am within the minimum download speed.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 49

Go to solution

there is no minimum download speed as all speed quoted by BT and dslchecker are connection speeds

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
daviehop
Contributor
Message 10 of 49

Go to solution
It is now 80 and 56 (impacted)
0 Ratings