Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zeddie1
Beginner
Message 1 of 1

BT SMARTHUB: Get error message when switching separate bands on to 5Ghz

Hi.

I have the new BT SMARTHUB, and I previously managed to add the 5GHz band on my router without any issues, simply by clicking 'Separate Bands' to On in Advanced Wireless Settings.

However, I did a hard reset on the router a couple of days ago to try and get to the bottom of why the router was flashing orange and losing connection every couple of hours....

After the reset I lost the separate bands setting, so my attempt to switch the 5GHZ back on and saving brings up this pop up error message . Basically I think the router wants me to change the wireless password/key as well. I'm not sure why this is necessary and I would like to keep the default key as it means I have to reconfigure all my devices again which will be a pain.:

================== S T A R T    O F    E R R O R     M E S S A G E ==========================

• The new security password you've entered contains information from your hub settings card.

It must be between 8 to 63 characters long and include uppercase letters, lowercase letters and numbers.

Please also note that for security reasons your new password must not be easy to guess, and must not be the same as information available on your Hub settings card or base label including Hub admin password, serial number, MAC address, wireless network name or wireless key.
0 Ratings