Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alan80
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT Smart Hub 6 - Broadband Connection drops under load

Hi,

In April this year I upgraded to a BT Smart Hub 6 after reading good reviews about them. I had previously used a BT Home Hub.

I always have had a stable connection with my old BT Home Hub but I am having difficulties with my new BT Smart Hub.

I have identified that when the Smart Hub is doing something more intensive than surfing the internet such as streaming from Netflix / Roku / Amazon Prime, the light often goes green, flashes orange then eventually reestablishes. This causes the streaming to fail as the connection drops which is frustrating (it happened 3 times when trying to watch Twin Peaks last night for example).

Another way I can reproduce this behaviour is by doing a broadband speed test, this makes the connection drop in the same way every time when its testing the speed, presumably again because its under load.

For non-intensive use such as surfing the internet and gaming, the connection seems ok.

I've been getting nowhere going through the online BT troubleshooting steps, the process doesnt recognise any issues and ends the checks.

Has anyone had similiar after switching hubs? Or seen similiar on the BT Smart Hub?

Thanks
Alan

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Smart Hub 6 - Broadband Connection drops under load

Perhaps you should have read this forum rather than fanboi reviews, there are countless pages of problems with the Smart Hub. If you still have your old hub just revert to using that.

0 Ratings
Alan80
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Smart Hub 6 - Broadband Connection drops under load

I'd like to keep my current router as I wanted better wireless coverage which it has given me so would prefer not to go back to my old one unless this is a known issue and there is no solution.

0 Ratings