Did you mean: 
Highlighted
KimLung
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Smart Hub disconnect when uploading files

Go to solution

Hi,

I am a customer of BT Superfast Fibre Unlimited (with download speed of 50Mb/s and upload speed of 9Mb/s)  and I am happy with the download speed. However, whenever I upload a large file, anything more than 100Mb, the BT Smart Hub router would crash and disconnect from internet completely, until I reset it.

I always upload large files from my PC which connects to the router by Cat6 ethernet cable, to ensure a stable connection. No other devices are connected during uploads.

I have seen many posts on the forum here that mentioned the same issue and it seems to do with the lack of QoS settings in the Smart Hub, which automatically limits any large uploads. Is there anyway I can adjust the Smart Hub so I can at least able to upload the files at slower speed?

Thanks for looking into the problem.

My router details are below:

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B540

Firmware updated:

29-Jul-2018

Board version:

Gui version:

WAN:

PPP Connected

Data sent / received:

8222 MB Uploaded / 16646 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:

Active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-8HSK

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Channel 1

5 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-8HSK

5 GHz wireless channel:

Channel 36

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:

Mode 1

Firewall:

On

MAC address:

Software variant:

-

Boot loader:

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Smart Hub disconnect when uploading files

Go to solution

Hi @KimLung,

I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with your connection. If you send me in your details I'll be able to get the Hub team to investigate.

Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

@KimLung Thanks for sending in your details, I've reported a fault to the Hub team and I'll get back in touch as soon as I have any updates.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@KimLung I tried calling but missed you, the Hub team have applied a fix to your Hub firmware. Can you retest and post back to me know if this is sorted?

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@KimLung Thanks for speaking with me this morning, I'm glad the Hub team were able fix this for you.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings