cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deanos
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

BT Smart hub resetting

It seems my BT Smart Hub  resets every 14 days, would this cause a problem with my download speeds ?

My old isp i could get around 62mpbs but most im getting with BT is around 53, i have also noticed my uploads speed used to max out at 19 not its 15

his is a list of your BT Smart Hub settings and current statistics.

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B540

Firmware updated:

20-Apr-2018

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

7 Days, 13 Hours 49 Minutes 1 Seconds

Data rate:

16.88 Mbps / 54.73 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

17185 / 66581

Noise margin:

6.3 dB / 6.3 dB

Line attenuation:

19.1 dB

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

25857 MB Uploaded / 78709 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:

Not active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 6)

5 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6

5 GHz wireless channel:

Channel 36

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:

Mode 1

Firewall:

On

MAC address:

Software variant:

-

Boot loader:

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Smart hub resetting

there are numerous posts about the hub resetting every 14 days but it never normally causes and speed problems  I had the problem for over a year and never had any problem with my speed.  the hub would drop conenction and re-connect within a minute or so at same speed and noise margin

however if your hub is dropping more frequently or you were manually resetting to try and improve your conenction speed then that could have an adverse affect on your conenction speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
deanos
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

6666.JPG

0 Ratings
deanos
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Thanks, no i havent touched the hub at all, it seems odd that my speed especially upload has reduced and i cant connect as fast as my old isp

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

Unfortunately you like me are on an ECI cab so at present there is no G.INP to help improve your speed from current level

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 11

Your data rate is only 54.73 down but the max rate is  66.58 which does seem to suggest you may have had a problem sometime so there is a possibility your speed may increase sometime in the future. Normally the 14 day reboot has no impact but it could possibly mean that dlm still treats it as a minor fault on the line and isn't increasing the down speed - not certain if this is the case and maybe a Sage will know more.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

@conrad

As I posted already I never had any affect on my connection speed due to The 14 day resetting hub problem which lasted for about 1 year

however if other drops or manual resets or power cuts then that is something different any could have connection problems

0 Ratings
deanos
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

there has not been any power cuts, the max speed mentioned is 66 on my hub  , so does that mean i should get somewhere  near that ? as i said my old isp i used to get over 60+ regually

is there any way to improve my speed ?

thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

Your connection speed may move nearer your attainable speed but all you can do is maintain a stable connection apart from 14 day reset and see if DLM increases the speed. There is nothing you can do to speed it up

0 Ratings
deanos
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

thank you

0 Ratings