cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 10

BT SmartHub 2, keep cutting out regularly.

Hello BT Community,

I've got BT Fibre 2, I have had it for around about 2-3 month it works excellent but I've noticed in the last week and half my BT SmartHub 2 randomly cuts out flashing purple then green. All most everyday between approximately either 21:00GMT or the afternoon at 15:30GMT.

I have just paid the bill & it's getting to annoy me NOW 😠

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT SmartHub 2, keep cutting out regularly.

As it happens at specific times is there anything in you house that switches on/off at those times? eg a water heater, central heating etc? An arcing thermostat can be a cause of the problem you describe.

Otherwise do a quiet line test 17070 option 2, best with corded phone. The line should be silent between announcements. If you use a cordless you may get a dull backgroung mains hum.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 10

Hello @pippincp,

I've got a smart meter to monitor my gas and electricity and the smart meter is in the same room as where the BT SmartHub 2 is. Also I've done the line test and came back as a quiet line.  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

The smart meters are in the same room? Move the hub then. Smart meters send info back to your supplier at regular  intervals via a mobile wireless connection.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 10

Hello again @pippincp,

But I cannot because I've only got 1 living room and the hub as to stay in the living room cause that's where the linebox is?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

I'm sorry, perhaps I misunderstand. Your gas and electricity smart meters are in your living room? Or is it just the monitor?

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 10

Hello once again @pippincp,

No it's OK no need to apologise 😄. The smart meter looks like this:

Smart Meter.jpg

And here is my SmartHub 2 in the dark:

Router.png

The smart meter is on a different self and not & not the same self as where the SmartHub 2 is.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

OK it is your smart meters monitor, not your smart meters. You had me wondering then. Have you tried the quiet line test yet?

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 10

Hi @pippincp,

LOL 🤣 😋! Don't worry be happy ya.

Anyway like what I had already said up above "Also I've done the line test and came back as a quiet line."

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 10

Hello, 

Can someone please reply, because the same thing has happened again my Internet went off at 17:35GMT . I've move the smart meter somewhere else and I'll still getting problem. BT please sort it out seriously now, I'm getting annoyed at this ISP. 

0 Ratings