Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Big-Tabs-AKA-Kyle-93
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

BT Speed Issue

10/04/2013 Early Morning
Download speedachieved during the test was - 26.12 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 16 Mbps-26.93 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 26.93 Mbps
10/04/2013 Time 20:46pm
Download speedachieved during the test was - 23.27 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 16 Mbps-24.01 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 24.01 Mbps

As you can see the results Clearly. BT said i would be getting somewhere round 39meg clearly not Latency/Ping is Dam right Ridiculous so when it comes to PC gaming its unplayerble 

I have spoke to ofcom and when i signed up i recorded the call which of that i told the person on the call i was recording voice as for my own protection in/to what im signing up for 

BT engineer out on the 11/04/13 cant see the engi doing much as i have had 12 when he shows up to chat rubbish 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Speed Issue

There are almost no games that require speeds above 24bps. Your gaming issues are almost certainly down to latency/ping or to lost packets and not raw speed.

It may be that slower speed than you expect and bad latency or packet loss are all down to the same underlying fault. I can't remember form your numerous other threads whether you have an unlocked modem which would help sort out why?
0 Ratings
Big-Tabs-AKA-Kyle-93
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

My other modem had to be sent back to a supplier so I have no stats

My cab uplift is 5.13

My adsl speeds where 7.5

So uplift 5.13 * 7.5 = 38 I checked with the engineer this morning and he agrees

And I'm only getting 24 mb now

If there is any spelling mistakes its cuz I'm using iPhone
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 5

I agree that you have lower speed than you were estimated, which is irritating.  Unfortunately estimates can be wrong (particularly if you have aluminium wiring); and BT do not make it sufficiently clear when selling that the estimate is just that.

You concern seems to be about gaming, however.  Gaming almost never requires particularly high speeds;  you haven't mentioned any game you play that requires more than 24Mb.  Unplayable gaming is almost always down to high ping, packet loss or jitter.  In many cases that is the fault of the game servers (for example EA judging by other posts) and not your broadband connection.

Can you post ping and tracert to a reliable source such as bbc.co.uk?

0 Ratings
curiousfellow
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

To be fair to BT, they estimated my speed at 51.5Mb DL. When Infinity 2 was installed, I was getting 54Mb. In fact only because a phone call caused my connection to drop twice in 20 minutes last night is my speed down to 51Mb.

0 Ratings