cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsh63
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Speed Tester Issue

I often use the BTW Performance test to see what my BT Profile is.

My PC is running Windows 8.1 Pro with IE11 and my laptop is running Windows 7 Pro with IE 11. (and FireFox 30).

Both machines have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player (both the IE and Firefox versions) and Sun Java installed. All the Microsoft updates are also installed.

I have recently upgraded from Infinity 1 to Infinity 2. (Past the 10 days since upgrade).

I can run the 1st part of the speed tester with no problems, but when I run the further diagnostics, it starts running then each time it displays the same error message "Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information. "

If I re-run the test I still get the same error message. - Both IE and FF give the same error message.

Is this website faulty ?

I have tried the usual Browser fixes of trusting the website and running it in Compatability Mode, but the same error exists.

Both my machines are running as a 'standard user', that is locked down with no Admin Rights.

Any one else having the same issues, or is the site faulty ?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Speed Tester Issue

It is not unknown for the "further diagnostics" part of the speed test not to work. It is more than likely a problem with the test / website rather than a problem with your computers.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

This is normally a site problem and often happens. Continually trying will usually get the site to work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 6

I agree with the last two replies. Usually retry works after a bit, but sometimes it can take months before you get a sensible result.
0 Ratings
Kronos2001
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

I got an interesting result a month or so ago.  I ran the first part of the test and got a throughput measured at 3Mb/s faster than my connection speed.  Further diagnostics then said it wasn't working. Smiley Surprised

0 Ratings
dsh63
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

At last !

After trying to find what my profile is, the 2nd part of the web page is now working and I can see what my profile is currently set at!

I've tested this several times over that last week.

0 Ratings