Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alan2000
Contributor
Message 1 of 46

BT Super Fibre Plus- disaster so far!!!

Go to solution

Ive been on Faster Unlimited Broadband for several years tolerating 4mps which I put down to being connected to a cabinet quite far away

When I requested a move to a closer cabinet BT did move me ( but no change in speed) so I checked the dsl checker and it reported I could get up to 32 mbs

So I ordered Superfibre Plus and it went active on Wednesday ( yesterday) ( having also installed new BT Home Hub 6)

But no change in speed- if any thing it down slightly to 3mbs

BT Engineer coming out tomorrow to check house etc but this was all done the last time and a prefiltered master socket was installed

What can be wrong- yes Im about 1km from the closer cabinet now but surely i can get better than 3mbs!!!

0 Ratings
45 REPLIES 45
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 46

Re: BT Super Fibre Plus- disaster so far!!!

Go to solution

Can you post the results from dslchecker   https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

It is highly unusual for you to be moved to a different cabinet just to improve your broadband. Have  you  had any faster than 4mb?

post stats from hh6  advanced settings then technical log information 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
alan2000
Contributor
Message 3 of 46

Go to solution

DSL Checker.pngdsl checkerBT Homehub 6 Stats.pnghh6 stats

0 Ratings
alan2000
Contributor
Message 4 of 46

Go to solution
never faster than 4mb - i did definitively get moved from cabinet 1 to 9 in my village and the dsl checker confirm im connected to 9 but my theory was that no live to live migration had taken place until recently hence the better stats reported in the dsl checker now but maybe its only voice thats moved and im still wired up to the old cabinet in terms of fibre?

surely someone should check these things before a service is offered ( as I received a separate letter offering the upgrade at only £3 extra per month)

The engineer tomorrow is only checking the house which is optimal in my opinion with prefiltering at the master and he says if hecant resolve it he will have to get open reach involved in outside
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 46

Go to solution

From your attenuation you are a long way from the cabinet your line is connected to and it does appear openreach have made any changes to your connection

do you know if any of your neighbours have moved cabinet.  I don't think BT could instruct openreach to change your cabinet as that would just lead to total chaos

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
alan2000
Contributor
Message 6 of 46

Go to solution
0 Ratings
alan2000
Contributor
Message 7 of 46

Go to solution
yes thats my theory - that openreach havent made any changes to my connection and im still on the old one despite the dsl checker referencing the closer one
does it really take me the consumer to point out to openreach/bt how to fulfil my superfast fibre order?
does no one cross reference orders against tasking at the green cabinet?
and if this is the case will the engineer visiting my home tomorrow instruct openreach to move me to the new cabinet( btw will HIS tools confirm what cabinet im on from the internal checking?)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 46

Go to solution

You aren't getting an engineer visit tomorrow. You are getting a Qube technician who can run no tests on the Openreach equipment.

0 Ratings
alan2000
Contributor
Message 9 of 46

Go to solution
i guess he has to eliminate noise in the house first as a possible reason

after that how is it escalated

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 10 of 46

Go to solution

Hi @alan2000,

Which village are you in ?

Do you know if the new cabinet is an all-in-one infill cabinet ?

0 Ratings