cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BenJones
Beginner
Message 1 of 20

BT Superfast Fibre 1 up to 50MB is currently at 3MB!

Go to solution
Hello there, only last week I renewed my contract have the package which should be getting up to 50mb but I am getting 3mb. The BT speed tester says I should be getting 20mb but I have tested over serveral days and jumps up when I do my test then goes down again. No faults or problems on the line.
0 Ratings
19 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: BT Superfast Fibre 1 up to 50MB is currently at 3MB!

Go to solution
Can you posts stats from your hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
BenJones
Beginner
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

Screenshot_20181010-182725__01.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

@BenJones I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your broadband speed.  You've posted the estimated speed range but we'll be better able to help if you could also include your router stats the instructions in this link will help you locate them. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
BenJones
Beginner
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

1. Product Name: HomeHub52. Serial number: +076286+15420033433. Firmware version: v0.07.07.03230-BT (Type B) Last updated 13/5/20184. Board version: 015. VDSL uptime: 0 days, 00:50:176. Data Rate: 2000 / 202047. Maximum Data Rate: 2948 / 241768. Noise Margin: 6.9 / 6.19. Line Attenuation: 42.6 / 28.310. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.011. Data sent/received: 19.6 MB / 166.9 MB12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com13. BT Wi-fi: Yes14. 2.4GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-HSQ715. 2.4GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))16. 2.4GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)17. 2.4GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)18. 5GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-HSQ719. 5GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))20. 5GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)21. 5GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)22. Firewall: Default23. MAC Address: a8:d3:f7:29:c8:e124. Software variant: -25. Boot loader: 0.5.1-BT (Wed Nov 12 11:52:05 2014)

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

@BenJones Thanks for posting the router stats, they show that your Hub is syncing at just over 20Mb and I can't see any issues with the connection. May I ask how you are measuring your download speed?

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
BenJones
Beginner
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution
I am currently using my mobile phone and www.fast.com
But have checked on laptop previously using the same website
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

@BenJones can you post the results from the BT wholesale performance tester using your laptop and a wired connection using ethernet? I'd like to figure out if its a wireless problem as the stats to your hub look fine. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @BenJones,

Are you confusing MBps (megabytes) with Mbps (megabits) ?

0 Ratings
BenJones
Beginner
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution

I do mean 50Mb and i am only getting 3Mb at my moblie phone which i comfirmed again today using the bt app, sorry for the confusion. The picture attached is the speed test took on my latop hardwired to the modem
bt.png

0 Ratings