Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrewcardus
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT Superfast Fibre disconnections and cutouts

Go to solution

Hi,

Since the weekend, whenever I have attempted to download a large file (The Elder Scrolls Online client was the first with the problem, but has now spread to any large game or file), my Fibre broadband cuts out. There are no issues with streaming. Usually, it knocks out connections to all devices, but occasionally only to 1 or 2, leaving the others to work for a while. I can still connect (spottily) to Wifi-With-FON but for a period of about half an hour, I cannot connect AT ALL to my home network, until it suddenly pings back at full strength. 

According to the troubleshooter, anytime another device is still connected after the drop, there are no problems with the connection. When NO devices can connect, the troubleshooter (accessed via 4G) recognises the fault, attempts to perform more tests and hangs at 99% without completing.

This is incredibly frustrating, and any advice would be much appreciated. Phone line is clean, and connection usually really reliable!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Superfast Fibre disconnections and cutouts

Go to solution

Have you tried a factory reset of the hub. Press the recessed button on back and hold for 20/30secs until lights flash and see if that clears the problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
andrewcardus
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Superfast Fibre disconnections and cutouts

Go to solution
Between this and getting a 5ghz wifi adapter, problem solved. Thanks.
0 Ratings