cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Support?? Is anyone out there??

Hi BT Community,

I am wondering if anyone out there knows what the current status regarding BT staffing and support is? It seems that there is currently no support available nor any sense of urgency to deal with customers problems.

I am trying to get an issue sorted and submitted a complaint over a week ago. The system indicates that no one has so much as looked at this yet and I find this staggering....

Is support generally an issue for BT customers? It seems strange that BT have no webchat facility.

Should I be taking my business elsewhere to obtain a better standard of service?

Thanks all. It will be interesting to hear your experiences.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Support?? Is anyone out there??

Hi @SuperSurfer

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry for the delay hearing word back about the complaint you raised online.  Can you post with a brief outline of what your complaint relates to and I'll move your thread to the most appropriate section of the Community?

Please don't include any personal info when you post back.  The Community may be able to help but if intervention from BT is needed, we can step in 😊

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi Robbie,

Thanks for your response. This is probably an issue that crops up all the time.

Openreach have just confirmed my local infrastructure has been upgraded with effect FTTP Ultrafast Fibre is now available to me. I am currently on an FTTC 30Mbps connection.

I am tied into a contract with BT until February 2022 and have not been offered any BT fibre upgrade packages that are competitive in the current market, or indeed available to NEW BT customers.

I need to find out whether BT are willing to make me a deal and what penalty I will incur to transfer to another provider currently offering a much better deal.

I can provide a complaint reference number if someone is able to get BT to call me?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

see what options are available as you would not be first to receive that sort of notification from openreach and then find FTTP not available yet

enter phone number and post results  remember delete number before posting  https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Many thanks for the very useful link ImJolly.

I'm currently on VDSL and the resource confirms WBC FTTP is available (Downstream Upto 1000Mbps / Upstream Upto 220Mbps):

"Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG premises served by 2.5 Inch plastic duct 56.

FTTP is available and a new ONT may be ordered"

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

then phone FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and see what deal you get offered to upgrade

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

No Progress with Complaint

Hi Community,

Just a quick post to reach out for help please - I raised a complaint with BT on 27 February and it seems no one has so much as even looked at it yet. There is no progress and no update.

Is anyone here able to give someone in BT a kick up the backside please? The reference is **Edited**

Many thanks!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Re: No Progress with Complaint

Hi @SuperSurfer 

Thanks for your post and welcome back!  I have moved your post on to your original thread to keep the conversation all in the one place.

I'm sorry you haven't heard any word back from the complaint you raised.  Did you try calling the number that @imjolly suggested above?

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings