cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RadioCrazy
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

BT Technical Is Like Banging You're Head Against A Wall

I was with Sky Fibre before coming to BT Unlimited Infinity 1 for the first time, with sky my speed was 31 ~ 33MB depending on the time of day etc, when I first joined BT it was 31MB max using the same equipment, but was not a problem as such but since the announcement of 52MB BT offered me an extended contract for another year 2 weeks after this things started to go wrong, the odd disconnection at least every couple a days recently once a day which I never had with Sky and sometimes a re-sink to something silly like 11MB to 18MB, so normally I disconnect the line reconnect it and if I'm lucky I get back to 30MB.

I put this down to Openreach upgrading cables etc or whatever ready for 52MB, a simple question to BT like are they doing any work in my area box etc was like getting blood out of a stone instead you have to go through the normal disconnect the phone plug into the main socket, etc etc etc (stand on one leg and face north holding a left handed screwdriver).

After about 10 of these calls are I still get nowhere it’s now the 2nd July have I got 52MB or has something badly happened to my 38MB, I am fortunate enough to have different VDSL equipment I can connect to totally eliminate faulty hardware, and I even run a STATS program in windows that shows me what’s going on.

So I rang Technical to ask a simple question have I got 52MB no answer is openrech doing any work, no answer just a lecture on how ADSL works GOD, and when I said I have only 18MB at the moment I was told that it is a satisfactory speed (like hell it is).

Questions

1. Why cant I find out if I have 52MB?
  2. Why cant I find out if the recent problems are because of ongoing work?
  3. Why cant I speak to someone who can speak proper English sorry if that is not PC but
        I'm fed up with it.
    Does anyone out there have the same or similar problems

Stats recorded 02 Jul 2016 00:41:14

DSLAM/MSAN type:                 BDCM:0xa48c / v0xa48c

Modem/router firmware:          AnnexA version - A2pv6F039r.d26e

DSL mode:                             VDSL2 Profile 17a

Uptime:                                 1 hour 13 min 19 sec

Resyncs:                                0 (since 02 Jul 2016 00:41:08)

Downstream Upstream

Line attenuation (dB):              23.0              0.0

Signal attenuation (dB):            Not monitored                

Connection speed (kbps):         18186            6961

SNR margin (dB):                     5.9                6.1

Power (dBm):                         11.3               2.8

Interleave depth:                    357                1

INP:                                       3.00               0

G.INP:                                    Not enabled           Not enabled

Vectoring status:                     5 (VECT_UNCONFIGURED)              

RSCorr/RS (%):                      0.0003            0.0025

RSUnCorr/RS (%):                  0.0000            0.0000

ES/hour:                               0                    0

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: BT Technical Is Like Banging You're Head Against A Wall

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Could you please post the results from the BT Speedtester, including the further diagnostics.

BT Wholesale Speedtester

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 15

the increase to new infinity 1 package 55/10mb is just a removal of the 40mb cap and replaced with 55mb cap  there is no new lines required.  if your speed was previously about 30mb then the new package will have no affect on you - your speed will not increase just because the cap was increased to 55mb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
RadioCrazy
Beginner
Message 4 of 15

bt.png

OK above is the service I'm supposed to be on, also the line was dropped about 4am by the look of the up time, I am back to just about 30MB this morning after I restarting the router, until my next disconnection then the speed plummets, I feel if an engineer called and refreshed my DLM it would help, but I go a No when I requested this.

I appreciate the other remark about the extra speed will not be noticed much but I hoped it may lift my speed marginally to say 35 ~ 38 don’t for get I had 33MB on Sky.

The other interesting point is BT sales say it would increase my speed to get another contract, in fact I was told that it may well be no lower then 35MB.

Which ever way you look at it BT should be the best but I'm afraid they are not, they do talk **bleep**, technical also said that if I have wireless devices it will drag the speed down as well, measuring the speed from a wireless device Yes but on my main computers are on 1GB wired LAN, I wish I never signed up for another year.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

are you using the test socket with a new filter?  is there any noise when you try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

can you post diagnostic results from btspeedtester using link Keith posted

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
TNT555
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 15

I quite agree, Took 2 weeks  of back and forth to get them to send an engineer to do a DLM reset. My line went from 60mbps (banded) to 77mbps after the reset. 

I had them finally, when i re- contracted and with a new point of sale speed of 57mbps that the 60mbps sync would struggle to meet with overheads. the old point of sale was 54mbps. 

You might need to discover what your point of sale speed they guaranteed you was. Funny that BT retail guarantee it but BT openreach don't.

RadioCrazy
Beginner
Message 7 of 15

Thank you my friend that’s a cracking idea looked through my backed up emails and found this:

bt2.png

Well I did ring the quite line test no crackles nothing and this is the only BT stats that I could find:

bt3.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 15

The btspeedtester results show connection speed of about 33mb whereas your router stats  only showed 18mb - can you post up to date stats

From btspeedtester you are above the minimum guaranteed speed

0 Ratings
RadioCrazy
Beginner
Message 9 of 15

Hi, I did say early after resetting it went up this time but soon as I get another disconnection it goes down as low a 11MB, it just happened to be 18MB, Stats below now:

bt4.png

I am going to put a complaint through if I have another disconnection followed by a silly reconnect speed, I will have my DLM refreshed it will make a big difference once I got this done I will repost the stats

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

to get DLM reset you will need openreach visit and even if that happened unless you can solve the disconenction problem you will end back where you are just now as DLM takes action to help you line with stability  you need to get stability solved first

0 Ratings