cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MYKEU
Contributor
Message 91 of 123

Re: BT Ultrafast fibre broadband

Agreed - and below are my results for https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/.

But I am still only getting 130-150Mbps on Ultrafast Fibre 2 - perhaps I've been put on a banded profile or something?

Screenshot 2019-01-10 at 16.33.30.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 92 of 123

You are well below the handback threshold speed. Are those the speeds you get when connected to the test socket behind the removable faceplate of the master socket?

0 Ratings
MYKEU
Contributor
Message 93 of 123

I have the faceplate where there are two sockets (the one that does not need a microfilter). However, if I take that off and use a microfilter anyway, I still get the speeds that I mentioned previously on a wired connection.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 94 of 123

Then you need to report the fault and get an engineer visit to investigate.

0 Ratings
MYKEU
Contributor
Message 95 of 123

Yeah, I've had an engineer visit a couple of times already to try and sort the issue. With his equipment, he tested the speed to be 190-200Mbps and simply mentioned it is due to me living quite far from the cabinet.

It is either that or I am possibly on a banded profile for some reason. I can't really think of what else could be the problem.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 96 of 123

If the engineer can't improve your speed I would suggest you revert back to Ultrafast1

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 97 of 123

I'm not familiar with what stats are available with G.fast, but might be worth posting them here to see if it gives any clues.

0 Ratings
wadesnj
Beginner
Message 98 of 123

I have FTTP and currently have Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited. I'm getting 80/20. I just ran the availability checker, results as below.  When I go to https://www.bt.com/broadband/ultrafast/ it says I can get Ultrafast 2, up to 330mbps with a guarantee of 100mbps. If I click on the link to upgrade to this and log in to my account, it is not an available upgrade. Anybody know why that is?

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 99 of 123

Give the FTTP team a call 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
ukguy
Beginner
Message 100 of 123

We are currently with Plusnet who can't provide Ultrafast - we get 15mb down, 0.5mb up.

ULtrafast is available from BT (and a few others) via a new fibre cable, but it's expensive at the moment and speeds up to 300meg.

I did notice, however, that when doing a line check BY are offering me the speeds below on their Superfast packages.
If I could get this, it would be awesome...

It's odd though as every othe rprovider can't give us more than Plusnet on the copper cables, all I can assume is that BT will use the FTTP cable to supply us a faster FTTC type package? (which noone else can do)

Your broadband speeds

We estimate your maximum download connection speed will be 80 Mbps

We estimate your maximum upload connection speed will be 20 Mbps

0 Ratings