Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 101 of 129

Re: BT Ultrafast fibre broadband

@ukguy wrote:

It's odd though as every othe rprovider can't give us more than Plusnet on the copper cables, all I can assume is that BT will use the FTTP cable to supply us a faster FTTC type package? (which noone else can do)

Nope, all FTTC providers will use the same copper cables and the same DSLAM in the cabinet and will give the same speeds.

0 Ratings
ukguy
Beginner
Message 102 of 129

Ok thanks, I thought that would be the case, so on that basis then BT are gving false information in the sign up pages.

Other providers say they estimate 15-17meg (up to 23max sync) and 0.5 up.

BT say 80 down and 20 up for superfast which is a lie. If I was to sign up, they would have to explain why they can only supply 17!! (we know why)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 103 of 129

Put your number in the checker https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ to find out what speeds are available. Edit out your phone number before posting screenshot.

0 Ratings
ukguy
Beginner
Message 104 of 129

Yeah, that says the same as me. 23 sync (17 usable) on FTTC, 100+ on FTTP.

So they should not be stating they can offer 80 down on the order pages for superfast! That's an error in their ordering.

Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 21.06.17.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 105 of 129

Err, no. You can get 80/20 via FTTP. That is why only BT are offering it to you, nobody else has decided to sell it.

0 Ratings
ukguy
Beginner
Message 106 of 129

Err no..
They state them speeds when signing up for superfast at superfast prices, that’s my point.
I know they can’t supply those speeds without moving to ultrafast fttp so the speed estimates are wrong for superfast sign up at superfast prices
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 107 of 129

I think you will find that 80/20 is the same price regardless of how it is delivered. Superfast/Ultrafast doesn't determine delivery medium it is just different speeds regardless of delivery. Ultrafast can be delivered by either fibre or copper, so can Superfast.

Call the FTTP team on 0800 587 4787

ukguy
Beginner
Message 108 of 129

That’s very interesting info!! Thank you!
Superfast May be a way of getting faster speeds without paying the ultrafast prices!
0 Ratings
josephb2001
Message 109 of 129

unknownBT do not offer Ultrafast 2 to me, this is probably due to the speed as mentioned in the FAQ. However, what numbers are they looking at? They seem to be close to 300Mbps on the dslchecker website so I'm not sure why faster speeds cannot be offered. Is ultrafast 1 capped at 152Mbps or does it go higher?

0 Ratings
ukguy
Beginner
Message 110 of 129

I think essentials is 40
Superfast 80
Ultra 150
Then ultra 300
Are the speeds

So if the line supports 300 it’s the package which limits the speed