cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattanorak
Contributor
Message 41 of 82

Re: BT Ultrafast fibre broadband

I wouldn’t take that list as 100% gospel, as our exchange was never on a published (at least public) rollout list - but it’s in and active. Just keep your eyes open for the little GFast pods popping up.
0 Ratings
robby2k9
Aspiring Expert
Message 42 of 82

We are fully podded & have been for a few months. The Kellys Comms engineers finished connecting the pods to the fibres at the end of March, saying that exchange was expected to go live late April or early May (Grays, Essex), but we're still waiting, & this latest list isn't too encouraging.

0 Ratings
mattanorak
Contributor
Message 43 of 82

Might be worth just giving BT a call to see if they know more.  Apparently mine had all been completed for some time - it appeared on the checker as "planned" and then disappeared.  When it disappeared it was ready for order.  Odd.

0 Ratings
robby2k9
Aspiring Expert
Message 44 of 82

All the G.FAST PLANNED entries were removed from the checker in May, I guess too many people saw them and started enquiring about when the service would go live on their exchanges. As we all know when it comes to BT their plans are, shall we say, fluid!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 45 of 82

BT, your ISP has no plans for the roll out of any network upgrades. That is all in the hands of Openreach which thanks to OFCOM is run as a totally seperate independant company.

0 Ratings
robby2k9
Aspiring Expert
Message 46 of 82

Not quite. On 14 June 2018, Ofcom published a report "Progress on delivering a more independent Openreach". This found that there has been broadly satisfactory progress towards a separation, but that some steps still hadn't been completed. As regards the BT Wholesale checker, my comment still stands, all references to G.FAST were removed from exchanges listed as PLANNED.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 47 of 82

From the report you mentioned but did not link to.

"Openreach is now a separate legal entity from BT, with its own independent board and progress has been made in many areas."

Those wishing to read the full report may do so HERE

0 Ratings
Message 48 of 82

I loved the Plan but still struggling for Speed.. Is there any solution in the southall?

0 Ratings
Baneen
Beginner
Message 49 of 82

Maybe you should work on your horrible customer service and pay to get them properly trained first. I've been waiting for 5 weeks to get this ultra fast internet..but BT is just so unreliable. Their service is the worst that I have dealt with!
0 Ratings
nickle
Message 50 of 82

6 years ago,  BT were advertising that within 18 months of an exchange going fibre you could get fibre.

I waited 18 months and still nothing.

So I reported BT to the Advertising standards Authority and they forced BT to removed the ads. 

Now 6 years on, still no Fibre and yet 3 doors away BT have enabled a new build. 

So far it looks like BT is taking revenge. 

0 Ratings