Did you mean: 
Travelusa
Expert
Message 71 of 82

Re: BT Ultrafast fibre broadband

Strange

I have just done a home move from london down to yateley

For some reason i had to change my account due to mis information

but due to the new account i keep being offered the new fttp for the same price as i am paying for my FTTC

the only problem is when i put the order though it does its checks then tells me i do not have FTTP in my area

so why does it keep offering the FTTP

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 72 of 82

Contact the FTTP  team directly on 0800 587 4787.

0 Ratings
Travelusa
Expert
Message 73 of 82

Have been told the offer was supposed to only available for people in areas that have not had fttc and only adsl and low speeds

they are being given the option first to make up for BT not surpling the FTTC

0 Ratings
Travelusa
Expert
Message 74 of 82

BT do not know why I got the e-mail or the request for the faster fibre when it is not available in my Area ?????
0 Ratings
robby2k9
Aspiring Expert
Message 75 of 82

Once again BT/Openreach screw-up! The new ultrafast router Hub 6XA suffers from the same major bug as the earlier models, namely it re-boots itself approx. every 2 weeks. The trouble is that when it does this it's 50/50 as to wether my youview BT TV box gets it's network connection back, this results in  missed recordings if I don't spot it. I ditched my old Hub 6 because of this & I can't believe they haven't bothered to fix it in the new one! I now have to remember to re-boot it manually approx. once a week & then check my BT TV box to avoid problems. The only 3rd party G.Fast router at the moment  seems to be from ASUS and is very buggy, it also currently has problems with multicast making it unsuitable for BT TV. I hope a few more manufacturers start making decent G.Fast routers soon.

0 Ratings
DIH10
Beginner
Message 76 of 82

Does anyone know what IP profile should be in place for the Ultrafast Fibre Plus FTTP product?  I ordered Ultrafast Fibre Plus on the basis that (from press releases and advertising) it appears to be based on the Openreach 160/30 product (the uplink speed being the driver for my decision to order this particular product).

FTTP was installed last week, but the BT wholesale speedtest reveals that the IP profile is actually set to

212.83 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up.

The test itself confirms a measured download speed in excess of 200Mbps and a 20Mbps upload.  Is the Ultrafast Fibre Plus product just a rebrand of the old Infinity 3 product, with less clarity in the product description ( “average speed 145Mbp”)?

0 Ratings
mattanorak
Contributor
Message 77 of 82

When I got mine installed, I asked the engineer nicely and he left me one of the Huawei MT992 boxes - solid as a rock.  I've since seen that there are some UK suppliers who will sell them as one-offs, but they wanted about £270 a piece.

0 Ratings
robby2k9
Aspiring Expert
Message 78 of 82

Yep, I got a MT992 from the installer too, but before I invest in a router to go with it I'm waiting to hear if it too re-boots every 2 weeks (as it's been locked down with Openreach/BT firmware). Not easy to tell as they've disabled the GUI so I can't see the stats. A decent all-in-one solution would be a better outcome.

0 Ratings
mattanorak
Contributor
Message 79 of 82

It’s locked down and the UI can’t be revealed in its current state. But, it’s solid as a rock. No reboots, no glitches. If you don’t want yours, I’d pay good money for a spare ;-)
0 Ratings
glauchlan
Message 80 of 82

Looking at the Openreach availability checker, ultrafast (Gfast) has been available to order on my line for at least the past few weeks however this information doesn't appear to have cascaded to the BT website hence I'm unable to place an order for anything other than the "Superfast" broadband.

I've spoken with the service teams on the phone numbers that have been listed within this thread however I just get continuous mixed responses ranging from "you're not an existing BT customer so we cannot help unless you switch over to a lesser product in the interim" to "we'll contact Openreach to query the issue and get back in contact with you" which has thus far not produced any response. 

Nobody appears to be able to advise why Openreach website lists Ultrafast "accepting orders" yet it's not available to order through BT/Zen or any of the other ISPs listed. I've written directly to Openreach on their form and they respond around a week later with the most useless response namely "we cannot comment on the Gfast trials". 

Anyone else have any ideas on how I could go about placing an order or at the very least working ok why Openreach is saying "accepting orders"  which clearly isn't the case?

0 Ratings