cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darsuke
Contributor
Message 1 of 17

BT Wholesale Performance Test Diagnostics - won't complete, any alternative?

I'm trying to perform the Further Diagnostics of the Performance Test but I get an error 100% of the time.

Since my Smart Hub 6 reboots weekly (and killed my connection rate) I've been using a Home Hub 4.

This has worked great, over 3 months and counting of no reboots. I thought my connection rate would get back to normal following this, but alas not.

The minimum guaranteed speed when joining was 43Mb and my best connection rate was 48Mb. The guaranteed has been revised down to 36Mb and speed tests show I don't get that.

I want to check the performace tester to see the stats but I can't get past the Further Diagnostics without an error that it can't complete.

Is there an alternative way to see this information?

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 17

Re: BT Wholesale Performance Test Diagnostics - won't complete, any alternative?

Please post your full Home Hub router stats
Learn how from here Broadband Top Tips

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 17

Re: BT Wholesale Performance Test Diagnostics - won't complete, any alternative?

If you have reverted back to using the Homehub 4 with the white Openreach modem you will not be able to post any useful stats from the Homehub. All the connection stats are held in the modem so unless you have unlocked the Openreach modem you will not be able to access them.

If however you have made a mistake and you are actually using a Homehub 5 without the Openreach modem you will be able to access and post the stats from the Homehub 5.

0 Ratings
darsuke
Contributor
Message 4 of 17

It is a Hub 4 and the OR modem hasn't been unlocked. I had to scurry round the neighbours to get my hands on an alternative and this is the best we could come up with.

Is it the modem that's stopping the Diagnostics to work on the Performance Test page?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 17

No the further diagnostics part of the test does occasionally play up all you can do is keep trying
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 17

It's the Diagnostics page. This often happens to some users. The only "fix" I have seen is to keep trying it and it sometimes eventually clears its self.

0 Ratings
darsuke
Contributor
Message 7 of 17

Ok so this is uncanny and incredible, no sooner did I post and got the checker to work for the first time Smiley Happy

Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 23.18.50.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 23.28.24.png

0 Ratings
darsuke
Contributor
Message 8 of 17

If I've had a solid 3 months without any disconnections am I right in thinking DLM would be improving the line and getting my sync rate back up?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 17

Yes and no. DLM may have decided that your line is stable at the speed it is at and any increase would introduce instability.

You should contact BT and complain that you are getting below your estimated speed and that you want an engineer to investigate the problem

darsuke
Contributor
Message 10 of 17

Ok, I went through some troubleshooting online and it came back they can see the speed from the exchange to the hub is not as should be. Asked me which type of socket I'm using then went on to say I need a live chat conversation.

Just seemed like a regular session, not connected to the fault finder at all, just regular have you tried this, that and the other.

Operator was quite sure a new hub would fix it and there'd be no cause for worry.

Let's see then.

0 Ratings