Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JonathanAnsell
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

BT Wholesale Performance Test

Go to solution

I've been trying to run the speed test from BT Wholesale however whenever I try and go through further diagnostics I'm just given my download speed and told to rerun the test if required.

Anyone else having any problems?

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:

Download Speed : 35.47 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Wholesale Performance Test

Go to solution

have you tried using different browsers?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JonathanAnsell
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
Yes, Safari and Chrome on MacOS. Then tried IE and Chrome on Windows.

All generate the same message.
0 Ratings
JonathanAnsell
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Still not able to run further diagnostics.

Tested my mac on another connection and I can test that without issue.

Do any of the mods have a contact to see what the problem is?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Not unusual to have problems with diagnostic test but persistence normally pays off. Have you updated your flash player?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JonathanAnsell
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
I’ve tried two different computers both with the latest flash player.

I only have a problem when I enter my phone number for further diagnostics.
0 Ratings
JonathanAnsell
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Contacted BT via Twitter who were kind enough to send me a Smart Hub 1 and 2 to see if it would solve my issue.
It didn't of course as it's a problem with the BT Wholesale site.
They've now washed their hands of it as it's nothing to do with the retail side of the business.
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @JonathanAnsell the guys over at Twitter were right, we no longer ask customers to use the BT Wholesale speed tester and we don't support it, so if you're having a problem using it this isn't something we can help with unfortunately.

We recommend our customers use our own speed tests, which you can either run directly from the My BT app, or via the “test my speed” option within the hub GUI.

Did you want to run these tests to investigate a specific problem? I see you had another thread about your parents' connection, and that an underground engineer had been arranged last week. If you're still having problems with their connection, could you update that thread with more details and we can take it from there?

Thanks

Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
JonathanAnsell
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

@StephanieG Hello, thanks for confirming for me. I've updated my other thread with further details.

0 Ratings