Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shughes02
Message 1 of 9

BT Wholesale Service information page

Go to solution
Hi

I have been bounced around from pillar to post for a couple of days now being fobbed off with different responses 1hour + phone calls attempting to solve this issue and they have lead to nowhere.....

I was suppose to be activated on the 22nd my router has had a blue light ever since and seems to be block access to the internet every time I attempt to connect I get sent to the Service Information page and given 5 possible options all of which result in contacting BT, I have altered multiple settings and factory reset both routers I have been sent multiple times to no avail.

If anyone can suggest anything I can try it will be much appreciated as I’m now well into my 3rd week without broadband and I’m loosing my mind!
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Wholesale Service information page

Go to solution

There is nothing you can do at your end, it is an account problem. You need to be insistent with customer services that your service hasn't been activated. If you still get no sense from them post back and we'll see what the mods can do.

0 Ratings
Shughes02
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks just sent you a private message didn’t see the response...

I have been in touch with them today and the CS was adamant that everything had been activated he went through it all step by step at his end with a service manager and said that everything has been activated and they weren’t sure why it wasn’t connecting still... I have an engineer booked for tomorrow I’m just trying to solve the issue by any means possible at my end if I can alter anything
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

I assume you are using a BT Home hub?

You mentioned about altering settings, you cannot do that on the home hub.

If you are using your own router, then you will get the Wholesale page if the PPPoE settings are wrong.

You will be charged for the visit if its your own router at fault.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

No, nothing you can alter. I doubt the engineer will be able to fix the problem directly tomorrow, but he should be able to confirm the problem and put things in motion.

@Keith_Beddoe Posts crossed. I just assumed HH from the mention of Blue Light.

0 Ratings
Shughes02
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
I have altered settings related to the BT smart hub and as far as that will let alter them..... so I have altered settings I’m not using a 3rd party router.
0 Ratings
Shughes02
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Ok thank you for the information
0 Ratings
Shughes02
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
Problem was solved this morning by the engineer spotted I wasn’t on the correct channel that I should have been nipped out to the exchange and sorted it in an hour
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Good stuff, glad you got it sorted and thanks for the update.

I wasn't sure if the engineer would have the capability to do that.

0 Ratings