Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 27

Re: BT Wholesale Speedtest site

Go to solution

run btpseedtester during peask time tonight as it stores last test so you will show how bad the speed is - post results  don't run any afterwards

which exchange and cabinet are you on   you deleted it from dslchecker results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Addy
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 27

Go to solution

I'm on Treffgarne exchange in South Wales.

The thing with the speed tester is that it wokrs OK during the day and when I try during the evenings when the speed is low, say 2,3 or 4Mbps,  the Further Diagnostics test just gives error messages like  Browser session timed out or telling me I've not logged in as speedtest.bt.... and to change the login settings on the hub. The same thing on each of the three evenings I ran tests. The images show the last low test result that was the last time I got a response from Further Diagnostics test. 

I'll try again this evening, but does this mean if I can't get a Further Diagnostics result the Mods can't deal with this issue.

thanks

Ade

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 27

Go to solution

try running test at say 5/6pm and see if you can get poor results to show your problem  I will ask mods to check your exchange for congestion

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
DanielS
Message 14 of 27

Go to solution

Hey @Addy,

I checked the Treffgarne Rax siteto see if it's running hot. Everything is operating within thresholds so it doesn't appear to be congestion related.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 27

Go to solution

thanks @DanielS

Addy
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 27

Go to solution

Hi @DanielS,

I've run the speedtest and this is the Further Diagnostics result. Not sure what the error message means and I run it a few times but just get the same screen and message but with slightly different download speeds. It is slightly faster than on previous evenings but still no where near the minimum guaranteed speed.

thanks

Ade

Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 18.18.22.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 18.19.25.png

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 27

Go to solution

try running this to see if download speed similar http://www.speedtest.net/

0 Ratings
Addy
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 27

Go to solution

Hi @imjolly,

just run the one you suggested and also the bt wholesale one. Results below. I don't follow how I get speeds as stated i my order during the day and then these which not good at all.

thanks 

Ade

Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 18.34.07.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 18.34.38.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-01 at 18.36.09.png

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 27

Go to solution

see if mods can helpfind the problem as speeds very low  mods will post here

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 20 of 27

Go to solution

Hey @Addy,

Can you get in touch with us about this please? The link is still available to you through my profile.

We'll go over everything and do our best to help

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings