Hi @DanielS

Details sent early this afternoon, thanks 

Ade

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 22 of 27

Re: BT Wholesale Speedtest site

Go to solution

@Addy Thanks, we'll be in touch in the next few days.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 23 of 27

Go to solution

Hi @Addy,

Thank you for sending in your details. I gave your home number a quick call, I'm sorry I didn't get speaking to you. I've ran a few checks on your service and wholesale have reported that the issue at the exchange has been resolved. Please can you retest your service tonight and let me know if you've seen an improvement?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Addy
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 27

Go to solution

Hi @PaddyB,

I've tried a couple of times and get results that can't be right (174mbps and 193mbps) so will try later. 

Hwever I've notice in the event log quite a few times -  A device reset was performed at 15:55;46 after lots of lines starting with ppp1:TR69, then more lines starting with BR_LAN: or ppp1:The Lan, references to DHCPv6 Server being active or inactive, modem having a warm reset lots more other enteries and finally coming back on line at 15:59:48. 

I know I didn't reset the device as we were out.  Is this likely to be a fault or a hub update, I thought hub updates were done in the early hours of the morning. 

Ade

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 25 of 27

Go to solution

Hi @Addy,

Thank you for posting back. I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I gave your home number a quick call, I'm sorry I didn't get speaking to you.

I've ran a few checks on your connection and things do look like they've settled down following the changes made by BT wholesale. I can see you ran a speed test on the 9th and got a result of 46 Mbps, which is pretty good given your profile of 48 Mbps.

The stability of your connection is looking good as well, there has only been the one disconnection from the 7th of Feb. 

How are things with your connection, if you need anything else, please post back.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Addy
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 27

Go to solution

Hi @PaddyB,

Yes things seems a lot better now and finally managed to get some realistic results from the speed tester which I guess must be the test you were refering to. Also watched Iplayer without any buffering. 

Out of interest would the poor evening downloads affected the profile in any way?

Many thanks for the comments and help from Mods and Sages and Gurus.

Ade

Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 17.39.58.png

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 27 of 27

Go to solution

Your profile would not be affected at all by the evening slowdown.

0 Ratings