cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaybeetoo
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 8

BT and Openreach disagree on the HH5

I've been experiencing the well publicised PPP LCP Send Configuration Request and OpenRG reboot problems with my HH5.

Today I had a visit from Openreach. The first thing the technician did was to disconnect the HH5! He did various checks and then replaced my OR VDSL modem with a newer model. He then did some more checks, found and corrected a fault, then connected up my HH4. He completed some more tests and then said he was finished.

I asked him about the HH5 that was sitting in my lounge looking lonely and he said not to use it until BT had fixed the problems with it! He was seeing lots of problems with HH5 and said I should stick with the HH4 and OR modem.

So what about my HH5 which I have paid for? Is it now just an expensive paperweight?

BT are saying there isn't a general problem with HH5 but my Openreach technician has told me not to use it. I am confused!
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Awahwah
Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT and Openreach disagree on the HH5

I wonder if you will receive a reply from a Mod.........
0 Ratings
runamonk
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Curious about this as well.
0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 8

One engineers opinion. It may be wrong.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Starman
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

Personally I've been using the HH5 since Nov and have not experienced a single problem.

I had the whole OpenRG thing in early Jan but it wasn't too common.

----
BT Infinity (EASTF) 58.93/15.94 Mbps [IP Profile: 60.8/20 Mbps] using Openreach Modem & Billion BiPAC 7800N

0 Ratings
Wigglet
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

@Starman wrote:

Personally I've been using the HH5 since Nov and have not experienced a single problem.

I had the whole OpenRG thing in early Jan but it wasn't too common.

You should prolly change your sig then.

jaybeetoo
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

I decided to connect up the HH5 again (without the OR white modem). It has been connected since last Friday. I have not seen the OpenRG reboots and the PPP IPCP Send Configuration Request is happening less and less often. Each time it does, the reported connection speed has increased (before it was decreasing every time).

I have been connected for over a day without a PPP request which is the most I've seen since I had the HH5.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I am finally over the recent problems.
0 Ratings
runamonk
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

I've had a few reboots since the day I hooked up the HH5. I've got an HG612 on the way.
0 Ratings