cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian1982
Message 1 of 4

BT broadband tv and phone

Hello.

after yet another price increase by Virgin I am looking for a new supplier and, obviously,am considering BT.

My existing Virgin fibre cable runs along my drive and into a junction box screwed to the wall of my home.

Will BT make their connection into that box?

This is important to me as, internally, that cable is buried into my plaster walls and I don’t want the inconvenience or expense of have it all redone.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT broadband tv and phone

No, BT, who use Openreach, have their own network, and would not use Virgin Media cable, as that is a cable TV connection, which is not the same type of connection.

Is there not an existing BT (Openreach) phone point somewhere in the house?

Do you have a telephone pole outside feeding othe houses? If not, then there will already be an underground connection into the house.

0 Ratings
Flossy744
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

@Brian1982wrote:

Hello.

after yet another price increase by Virgin I am looking for a new supplier and, obviously,am considering BT.

My existing Virgin fibre cable runs along my drive and into a junction box screwed to the wall of my home.

Will BT make their connection into that box?

This is important to me as, internally, that cable is buried into my plaster walls and I don’t want the inconvenience or expense of have it all redone.

Many thanks.

I have just left Virginmedia due to the UKTV debacle, and moved to BT, BT didn’t go near anything from Virginmedia they plug something straight into an electric wall socket behind the TV in our house ,same with the internet just plugged something in the electric socket. Chap that fit ours was really helpful knowing we were both pensioners and needed everything explaining 🙂

Sorry I can’t be more technical .

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 4

Openreach cannot use VM's property. VM use coaxial cable for TV & Broadband  and copper for the telephone. This is fed by a "siamese" cable from their own cabinets. There is no connection between the Openreach network and the Openreach network.

0 Ratings