cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT changes package plans? and am **bleep**.

Hello, am here to ask something while rage, sorry if i write this badly as i do have autism but i'll try my best 😄

I been with.. well my mom has been with BT for least 40years... and we still hate BT, sadly BT is only thing we can use around these parts.

4-5 years ago.. can't remember when but we upgraded from 55mb to 76mb (or was it 74? i'll go wit 76mb for now) was fine the first year but after next few years it slowly reduced to 46mb that i had past 2 years. We always hated talking to BT as the service was just terrible.. specialy getting non-uk talkers making it very difficult to understand.. specialy for me.

But i tried my best time to time to get it sorted to the point we gave up... but last month i finaly got back on to it to get it sorted as seeing my friends whom pay £20-30 for 200+mb speed while am here paying £61 for 46mb. (plus £15 for mobile = £76 per month)

We finaly got a BT engineer over after a month waiting to get it sorted... to weirdly have the internet offline for the whole day he comes... the only day of that whole year to turn off? weird... very weird... anyway next day we finaly past the 50mb at least.. (52mb) which still wasn't great but least it was an improvement.. but my Upload speed was down to 2-3 than 12mb,

So.. since it was near xmas i decided to buy an Asus router on black friday to hopefully help with the speed.. to my suprise i went back down to 44mb once i finaly got it installed... okie ill wait a few days or a week to see if it improves.. sort any settings and such... still 44mbs. (never got guarantee for being below 50mb but only getting £20 back for only 3 times wasn't really much anyway... kinda **bleep**)

Went on BT to find to my suprise... BT CHANGES THE FIBRE 2 with 76mb PLAN, TO Fibre 2 with 43-45mb??!!?!? ON THE SAME MONTH I FINALY GET IT SOMEWHAT FIXED?!?! WHAT?! AND FOR THE SAME PRICE AS THE 76mb!?!?!!?!? ARE YOU JOKEING ME?

Am i missing something? becuase this is... just totaly **bleep**.. fact i been fighting past few years and dealing with the slow speed to finaly get 52mb for a week then to get back down to 44mb... permently now?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT changes package plans? and am **bleep**.

Hi @Shashu Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see your broadband speed is slow.  Can you please post stats from hub and we'll be happy to take a look? If you have a Home Hub 5 then go to http://192.168.1.254 then go to troubleshooting, helpdesk. If you have a Smart Hub its advanced settings then technical log information enter your phone number and post results. 

Also is there any line noise on the line?  You can check that by calling 17070 from your landline and choosing option 2 the call should be silent and its best tried with corded phone if possible.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

You should be able to get the required connection stats from your ASUS router showing upload/download and SNR values.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Guess i didn't make the post clear enough... my net is not slow anymore due to the fact the the BT package plan is now 45mb MAX.. not 76mb.. therefor me having 44-45mb is now the highest i can get because BT change the plans without consent or telling the customers that they have done this.

Screenshot 2020-12-10 173900.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

sorry by that information is useless if you want assistance from the forum members

you need to post the connection stats from your router so we can see what speed and current noise margin. Posting the results of dslchecker will help show what the estimated range is expected from your line. It could be line noise that is causing your problem hence why the quite line test 

however up to you if you want help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Screenshot 2020-12-10 221924.png

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

you. Have a connection time of 22hrs is that due to the switch from Asus To hub. Or have you been dropping connection?

Your stats show a connection speed of 49mb with an attainable of 57mb

can you run the dslchecker and post results  please delete phone number but leave exchange and cab number

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Yes it's due to changeing back to Hub 6 from the Asus, but either gives teh same 44-45mb max, i have never saw my speeds go over 50 in 4 years apart from a month or less ago when engineer came over and it was up to 52mb for awhile but with 2-3 upload.. then slowly went back down again to 45mb and 16-17 upload... i always use speedtest from Ookla the most but i do also check other speedtests just incase and they always came back the same results.

Screenshot 2020-12-10 231103.png

0 Ratings