cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

BT charged for FTTC activation but never turned up

Go to solution
I moved from plusnet to BT 3 weeks ago but effectively nobody ever came around
I was hoping someone would change my openreach ECI modem for an Huwaei to match the cabinet but they never turned up
Is it worth chasing them as I think this is taking away a few megabits feom my speed?
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: BT charged for FTTC activation but never turned up

Go to solution

did you not receive a HH5.  BT do not get openreach to issue modems now that HH5 is modem/router

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution
Yes still in the box paid £6.50 for delivery
I was already on fober so what exactly did I pay the £49 for?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution
An engineer needed to visit the cabinet and switch you to a new port in the cabinet.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution
I thought there was no difference at cabinet level between plusnet fiber and BT fiber?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution
There's not, it's the same DSLAM for all providers however, when you migrate to a different ISP, it requires a port change at the cabinet.

I don't know why but there must be a reason Openreach have decided this, and I doubt it's just to charge customers. They have more than enough work to do without making additional visits to the cabinet if they weren't needed.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Even if there isn't, there is administrative work to do that has to be paid for.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution
According to BT help
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48338/~/why-is-there-an-activation-fee-for-bt-infinit...
The charge is for the engineer
Administration charge for becoming a customer sound ridiculous
Do I have to file a complain?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

In order to activate your BT Infinity service, an engineer will need to visit your street cabinet and in some cases carry out work in your home – all for a small, one-off activation charge of £49.

Can't see where you have any grounds for complaint.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution
You have no ground for complaint. You were advised of the charge when you made the order and were happy to pay it.

0 Ratings