Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
luk3du
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 25

BT connection problem

Hi there,

I've had a very very difficult time with BT regarding our broadband service. To put a long and annoying story short, we're being advertised that we can get FTTC at our property (our cabinet is enabled) with speeds of around 40MBps (according to BTs website) and around 70MBps (according to the BT wholesale website) and our ADSL broadband can only get speeds of around 1.5 MBps. Although we've tried twice now to get FTTC and it simply doesn't work, which has also been confirmed with numerous engineers so BT Openreach is advertising our speeds wrongly. But why is this? We have also been told by the BT FTTP department as well as the bt wholesale website that we can get FTTPod installed to our home. To which after numerous calls to BT, I have been told that openreach have came back to them saying that we can't? Although I was told it was going to be installed by the 15th of September? Again, very misleading. There is a housing estate not far from us which is connected to a different exchange that has FTTP installed and I was told that we would be connected to that during my first phone call, but then after I spoke to other BT staff, have been told that i wouldn't and the cable was going to be installed from our current exchange which is around 4km away which didn't make any sense at all. So really I would like to find out why we're being advertised these things to only find out that we can't have them and is there any way of it being installed anyway? We simply can't live with 1.5 MBps speeds and have become very frustrated with the customer service provided by BT, it's simply shocking.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 25

Re: BT connection problem

Can you enter your phone number HERE and post back a screenshot of the result. Don't forget to remove your phone number before posting.

FTTPoD is not available on the retail market as it is aimed at businesses. Installation fees start at about £1000 and increase the further away from the fibre node you are.

0 Ratings
luk3du
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 25

Bt resultsThere you go. Thank you for your reply! 

0 Ratings
luk3du
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 25

Also forgot to mention, with regards to FTTPoD, I didn't realise that was for businesses only but while the checker does say it's FTTPoD that's available, the BT FTTH department didn't mention the oD part and simply said that we could get FTTP/H to our property with free installation
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 25

Hi @luk3du and thanks for posting.

Your checker results state there are multiple orders on the line which are due to close on the 13/09. Have you placed any orders recently?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
luk3du
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 25

Hi there David, yes we have an order with EE to go to ADSL broadband as BT messed up our order completely which resulted in us leaving although apparently it's still in the process of being cancelled
0 Ratings
luk3du
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 25

Not sure if I'm supposed to use the @ to mention you both but I'll do it anyway invade you don't get notified 😂 @pippincp @DavidM
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 25

Thanks for confirming that @luk3du. I think the best option at this stage would be to wait until the orders clear and then check again.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
luk3du
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 25

@DavidM so basically allow the order to complete on the 13th and then once that's done come back to this post and sort things out from that point?

Thanks, Luke
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 25

@luk3du That's correct. Once the orders clear we'll be able to take a look at this for you.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings