cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 25

Re: BT connection problem

@DavidM that's great, thank you very much! I'll reply back on Wednesday when the order is completed and the service is active.

Cheers

Luke
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 12 of 25

Looks like you'll be getting a good speed from FTTC, obviously it is up to you if you pick Infinity 1 or 2, it all depends on your needs.

I find it surprising that the  fibre team have told you that Native FTTP (not FTTPoD) is available to you so you may wish to investigate further with them as you would then be "future proofed" and there is no difference in monthly cost  between FTTC and FTTP unless you go for Infinity 3 or 4.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 25

Well that's what I thought but we've had the FTTC fitted twice now (with EE and also BT with Infinity 2) and we only get speeds of about 0.5 down and 0.6 up for whatever reason and have also had a few engineers out which say that we can't get it either. We're also around 4.5 km from our cabinet so that in itself shows it won't but the checker clearly says otherwise.

In terms of FTTP, according to the team, when I first spoke to them they said they'd simply connect me to the housing estate around 1km away that already have FTTP and was told it would be fitted by the 15th but have now called them again and apparently that's not happening anymore.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 25

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 15 of 25

The best bet is leave it up to the mods to find out exactly what is going on here. It sounds like a total mess.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 25

@pippincp no problem, it really is to be honest!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 25

@DavidM @pippincp that's the EE broadband working now, wouldn't work at first but after a long phone call it's all connected with around 2MBps download and 0.4MBps upload. Not brilliant but it's good to at least have internet.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 25

Would still like to be able to find out if there is any way of us getting faster speeds than we do, either with ADSL, FTTC or FTTP. Anything faster than we have now would be good. This is now affecting my school work as well as online utilities for my job. any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 19 of 25

As you've now reverted to EE then help is no longer available here. Try the EE support forum.

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Broadband-home-phone/bd-p/broadband

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 25

David told me to reply back once it was activated with EE though? And EE do not deal with FTTP either
0 Ratings