Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sage
Message 21 of 25

Re: BT connection problem

@luk3du wrote:
David told me to reply back once it was activated with EE though? And EE do not deal with FTTP either

You stated the orders were in the process of being cancelled or that's how it appeared. That's how David saw multiple orders on the line.

As David is a BT employee he can only deal with BT customers, you now have to take up any issue with EE.

I understand fully how frustrating this is for you but you have changed suppliers so you must take up any issue with your present supplier. I assume you can't cancel as you will be locked into a contract but you would be advised to check on that.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 25

I did state that I was moving to EE and I understand that he will not be able to help me with copper broadband or FTTC then but FTTP wise only BT are able to advise against this as EE do not deal with it at all. I am in contract but do have the 2 week cancellation period
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 23 of 25

Then try the dedicated FTTP sales team on 0800 587 4787. They are the only ones who can help you now.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 25

They were the team I called originally to which I was told I would have FTTP fitted by the 15th of September and then a week after to connect it to the house but was then told that it wasn't happening anymore and then again told that it should be available?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 25 of 25

Ah, all is becoming clearer as more facts come to light.

Where a cab. is positioned outside or near an exchange it usually means that that exchange once served a group of lines that were connected directly to the exchange (EO) & therefore cannot be supplied with fibre. In order to be able to supply them with fibre a new cab is built outside the exchange, together its companion fibre cab., & these lines transferred to this new cab. Looks like your line is 1 of these.

Your ADSL attenuation of 56 dB, confirming a line length to your exchange (& your cab) of over 4 km, corresponds to the FTTC attenuation of 65 dB (probably off the HH dial) you saw when on BT Infinity. FTTC speeds fall off much quicker with distance than ADSL, possibly accounting for the higher attenuation on FTTC.

Furthermore, you are connected to 1 of BT's old exchanges which can only supply "Up to 8 Meg" ADSL Max & not the more usual "Up to 24 Meg" ADSL2+. Not that it would make much diff at your line length.

All this would seem to confirm your original premise, that the BT Availability Checker is wildly out with its estimates of FTTC for your line & , indeed, it should not be offering you FTTC at all.