Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

BT connection

Hi

Good afternoon all

I have faced a very strange status of the BT internet connection at home, and would like to say it here, maybe some one has faced same problem, would suggest a solution. I have the fiber connection with unlimited 30 MB speed download unlimited. My home is new built with Open-reach connections built in. The download sometimes, dont work, for example Instagram pictures cannot be downloaded, not able to connect to my work network, while i was using that before!!!

Some videos i cannot send through whats-app uploading it!! I have connection in general, but sometimes it drops, or refuse to connect and freeze. The strange part is that i requested BT to come-over and see through the my BT application, and the engineer told us that he is not working for BT only, but he is working for others, and he checked everything possible, with no hope. At the end he told me you have to tell BT of it, because connections to house is perfect, problem is in BT itself.

I am in a very strange situation, and i dont know what to do next??

Can anyone help on this?

Appreciate your support

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: BT connection

does your home phone work - do you have a dial tone?  if so dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

can you post hub stats  advanced settings then technical log information

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number  

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 19

The Engineer would’ve been from Openreach, who are owned by the BT Group as is your ISP but Openreach operate completely independently.

Openreach are only responsible for everything between the MDF and NTE when on the Copper Access Network and the Head End and ONT on the Fibre Network. Anything before or after that is either the Providers Responsibility or yours.

Sounds to me like you’re either having WiFi or Throughput issues, neither of which Openreach are responsible for.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 19

Good morning

You are right, he said the same, what is your suggestion to do next?

Thank you

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 19

to start can you post the information I asked you for

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 19

Hi

Yes-home line works

I will let someone dial 17070, and let you know the conclusion

thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 19

@hashemfouad 

ok 

can you post hub stats and dslchecker results

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 19

Hi

The hub status colour is blue, i have tried to do the line checker but it gives me that:

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER

Welcome to the Broadband Availability checker. This will provide a provisional check of your ability to receive reliable Broadband services.

Please enter your telephone number.

There is no data available for this number. This could be either because it is not a BT line or it is a new BT number that has just been provided. Most new numbers will appear on the checker 24 hours after BT has installed the line.

If this is a new BT number and does not appear after 24 hours then please click here for further details.

I dont know the access line ID or the UPRN !

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 19

are you a BT broadband customer or with another ISP?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 19

Yes i am broadband customer since March 2019, it is very strange!

0 Ratings