Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Chincey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

BT database issue

Hi all, I was wondering if someone on here could help me. So bit of a back story, I've moved into a newly built flat that is located on a new estate. When I moved into the property back in september I had a letter from our developers dated on 1st July stating that we may experience poor broadband speeds but they have been in contact with Openreach and the works will be finished by the start of October.

So to the current date, all properties on the estate can order FTTP from BT however everyone in our block of flats cannot. After endless communication with BT, Openreach, our developers and Super fast Cornwall we have been told by an Openreach fibre engineer who happens to live in a property a few doors down that we need to get in contact with someone who can update the BT wholesale database. He confirmed to me that the fibre in the area is lit and we should be able to order. I work in IT and can identify a fibre connection comming into the building in our utility cupboard (I can upload pictures of anyone wishes). I believe all that's left is installing ONT boxes into each individual flat?

If anyone could help me in anyway possible I would be very grateful!

Thanks in advance!
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT database issue

you can complete this form and send to openreach to get database updated  if you get auto reply then send again until you get reply from a person  https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?id=7214&embed

you can also phone FTTP sales who may be able to help  08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Chincey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Thanks for the reply!

I've sent about 5 of those forms already,
0 Ratings
Chincey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Sorry accidently hit post then. What I was ment to say was.

Thanks for the reply!

I've sent about 5 of those forms already. All replying with an automated reply as you said above. I got a few replys after further replying to them but every agent I got to basically said the websites saying "in scope so they can't do anything about it.

I've also been in contact with the FTTP a million times. They basically tell me that the only thing I can do is register my interest.

All very frustrating after going at this non stop for 3 months.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

there is nothing the forum can do to help you - sorry

only small consolation is there are other posts just like yours - so it's not just you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Chincey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

I've seen past posts on the forums with situations like mine where mods getting involved and manage to get the database updated. Is there a way to get a mods attention?

Just kind of running out of options and have no idea where to turn
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 12

The developers are the ones who should be able to get this done for you. All they need to do is contact the person at Openreach who liased with them who will have signed the job off and should have updated the database.

The BTWholesale database uses the Openreach one.

0 Ratings
Chincey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Thanks for the reply!

See this is what I believed to be the right step. However I've contacted my developer a few times, they have me their contact for Openreach who I then contacted about the situation. Apparently the contact they gave me only dealt with the fibre part, they stated that they forwarded on the email to the fibre manager but I never received a response. This was maybe a month or two back now. And to be honest our developer seemed to have no idea what they was talking about and seemed to have forgot about our plot due to everyone else in the area being able to order FTTP
0 Ratings
Chincey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Sorry a typo.

*The contact they gave me only dealt with the copper part
0 Ratings
Chincey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Would there be any chance of getting a mod involved with this? I have been reading through old posts were people have the same issue and a mod managed to solve it by conctacting Openreach on the customers behalf.

0 Ratings