cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
faizsheikh23
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT exchange showing Accepting orders for Infinity but I cant get it.

Go to solution

My BT exchange is showing accepting orders but I cant get it yet!

Ok, I live right next to the BT Exchange and my current broadband (BT Total broadband) comes directly from the exchange and not any cabinets. 

When will I be able to get BT infinity and shouldnt it be quicker for me to get it rather than others getting it from cabinets since i live less than 50m away from the exchange. 

My exchange is ABERYSTWYTH.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Guru
Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT exchange showing Accepting orders for Infinity but I cant get it.

Go to solution

The Superfast-Cymru Fibre Broadband Scheme is being rolled out, done and managed by the Welsh Government in partnership withOpenreach so BT Retail (a communication provider/ISP whom operates this forum) does not have much say as to when and if you will be able to get fibre broadband (FTTC or FTTP or equivalent) as that is up-to Openreach and the Welsh Government.

The Superfast-Cymru BDUK scheme is to boost the existing commercial roll-out to deliver fast fibre broadband to 96% of homes and businesses in Wales by 2016.

Have a look at http://www.superfast-cymru.com/faqs for more information

Your exchange (ABERYSTWYTHhas actually already been FTTC & FTTP fibre broadband upgraded under the Superfast-Cymru DBUK scheme which is funded by the EU, and the Welsh government in partnership with Openreach.

BT Retail (a communication provider/ISP whom operates this forum) does not have much say as to when and if you will be able to get fibre broadband (FTTC or FTTP or equivalent) as that is up-to Openreach and the Welsh Government.

As to EO lines then The way to tell if you are on a EO line is by going to the BT Wholesale Database and for your landline number if the results come back with the following at the of the grid "Telephone Number (Number) on Exchange (Exchange)" without saying a cabinet number then your likely to be on a EO exchange.

Properties with EO (Exchange Only) lines can't currently get FTTC (Fibre to the Cabinet) such as BT Infinity as your line isn't connected to a FTTC Dslam cab.

Customers with EO Lines currently will not be able to have fibre broadband as your line isn't connected to a cabinet, unless your area is FTTP enabled. In these instances Superfast Cymru may plan to connect some areas that have EO lines by either installing a PCP and DSLAM cab outside the exchange to accommodate the EO lines or maybe installing FTTP (if the exchange has been FTTP upgraded) or other fibre technologies in the future.

If you would like to see if there is any information on IF and When your PCP will be upgraded with a FTTC Dslam cabinet or whether your address/property has FTTP available to it, then you will need to email Superfast-cymru via info@superfast-cymru.com with your landline number, Full Address, Postcode, and Exchange. It may take a week or so to get a reply.

You can follow Superfast-Cymru on twitter here: https://twitter.com/superfastcymru

You can Register your interest here: http://www.superfast-cymru.com/where-and-when/register

The Superfast-Cymru website is: http://www.superfast-cymru.com/

**The Commercial Fibre-Optic Broadband Rollout is being managed and done by Openreach for all communication providers/ISPs. The BDUK fibre broadband schemes are managed by Openreach along with your local authority.BT Retail (a communication provider/ISP) has nothing to do with the rollout of fibre broadband.**

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
soapy
Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT exchange showing Accepting orders for Infinity but I cant get it.

Go to solution

at the moment exchange only lines are not able to be connected to infinity, you must be connected through a cabinet for infinity at the moment

0 Ratings