cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

BT exchange upgrade to fibre

Hi

I am looking at buying a house in the countryside but work from home often.  As I work in IT and have children I need to have good internet connection.  

However when looking at properties and checking the Broadband checker on the BT Wholesale website I receive the following message:

Your address has been successfully matched; however we cannot determine ADSL availability at this address.

The current owners do have phone lines.  Could some one please tell me what this means in terms of internet connection and how easy and how to have this upgraded (if poss)?  A house a few yards and across the road does have fibre.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: BT exchange upgrade to fibre

@Mariagcabal 

Do the current owners get their Internet service from BT Retail?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Did you use this checker? https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL iif the current owners have a BT line, enter their phone number and that will give the most accurate result.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Did you try this link with phone number if you know existing number of property to failing that the address

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

If it’s a property you are considering, why not ask the current occupant what broadband speeds they get ?
Message 6 of 14

Hi

I have gone to the Ofcom broadband checker and it's poor internet connection is some parts of the area I am looking at.  What is the process of having an exchange cabinet upgraded/ or an existing one extended to cover an additional house.

Thanks!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

About asking the owners, they are very elderly people moving to a nursing home so I don't know if they would have broadband at all.  Doubt they would.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

@Mariagcabal wrote:

Hi

I have gone to the Ofcom broadband checker and it's poor internet connection is some parts of the area I am looking at.  What is the process of having an exchange cabinet upgraded/ or an existing one extended to cover an additional house.

Thanks!

Try the checker posted earlier, use a full address not postcode. There is no extension/upgrade process for an individual house. The checker shows what is available and that will be all there is unless Openreach have plans for the area.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Hi

I managed to get the UPRN for the property and use the checker.  THese are the results.  COuld someone please enlighten me?

THanks!HuxleyWIFI.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Then expect a very slow ADSL connection. Or you should have used the address checker as previously advised.

2020-07-22 10_25_23-CodeLook.png

0 Ratings